ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS96 Reporting centre and random questions asked

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cookie212
Newly Registered
Barbados

IS96 Reporting centre and random questions asked

Post by Cookie212 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:45 pm

Hi. New here so I hope I am posting in the right place and more importantly I hope I get some helpful responses. A brief background. Came as a student, overstayed (for a series of reasons beyond my control), started dating my British partner in early 2006, visa ran out in mid 2008. We have been together ten + years. Basically I applied for for leave to remain and regularise my stay on the basis of my partner and private life. Application refused (no insurmountable obstacles to partner moving to my country). Appeal right granted, went to court, appeal heard and dismissed (error on the judges spartan as there was clear evidence on insurmountable obstacles regarding my partners skin condition and his inability to live in a hot country). Permission to appeal to the upper tribunal sent and pending. In the meantime, I report every two weeks. I was asked today a few questions which had me concerned and I wonder if this line of questioning is normal and if I should be concerned considering my appeal permission is pending (I know there is always a risk of detention with these people but thus far I have complied and never ever missed a reporting day). Anyhoo, I was asked at the reporting centre the following questions.

Languages spoken?
Do I work?
Is my partner British?
How do I support myself?
What am I currently applying for?
Would I leave voluntarily if my appeal did not work out

At which point she tried to convince me to leave as that might be better. My concern is why is she suggesting I leave considering I have an appeal pending. Is this just a ruse to get me to give up or do they know something I don't? Should I be worried or rather.... extra worried. Any advice would help. Apologies for the long post. I tried to be as brief as possible.

JerrySteeler
Newly Registered

Re: IS96 Reporting centre and random questions asked

Post by JerrySteeler » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Don't know how concerned you should be maybe the person behind the desk just trying be a jerk, they do ask questions from time to time, I've personally reported (once a month for about 5months) and was only ever asked one question which is have I changed address but I do know others that have been asked different things to me like, what medication do they take and how do they support themselves. Also to be honest I don't think the people behind the desk at reporting centres have a great deal of info.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: IS96 Reporting centre and random questions asked

Post by Wanderer » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Why can you not return home and apply normally and legally like most of here have had to do?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....