ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Right to Remain - What's next ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinayunited

EEA Right to Remain Application

Post by vinayunited » Sun May 21, 2017 10:30 am

Hi All,

I am filling up my EEA FM application in order for the Right to Remain. I have got my divorce a couple of weeks ago and have until the 3rd of June to submit my new application to remain.

I have a few questions that needs clarification and was hoping one of the gurus could help out.

1. My ex wife was a student (she was working part time at the university too) for the entire duration of our marriage and has never claimed (and doesn't intend to claim) the permanent residence. If that is the case then do i complete Section 8 and then proceed to the last section or do i have to complete section 11 to 17.

2. Do i present evidence about my relationship (after my divorce) even though i got my inital EEA2 without presenting any proofs besides my marriage certificate.

Thanks

vinayunited

Re: EEA Right to Remain Application

Post by vinayunited » Sun May 21, 2017 10:34 am

3. Also can i ask for my passport back as soon as I make application so that I can continue to travel while they judge my case ?

vinayunited

Post by vinayunited » Tue May 23, 2017 1:33 pm

Hi ALl,

Could someone please have a look and give me some advices ?

forestgump

Post by forestgump » Tue May 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi there.
For the first, are you want to apply for temporary 5yrs Residence Card or PR as a Retained Rights of Residence?
You need to prove that duration of your marriage at least 3yrs and 1 of them spent in the UK.

1. As your ex-wife worked (part-time) and studied at the same time, you need to show that she held a CSI during her study and all of her employment documents from the date of your marriage till divorce.
2. If you have a new relationship after your divorce, of course you need to state this in your application form and a cover letter.
3. You can get your documents back through this Home Office service. https://www.gov.uk/visa-documents-returned
Be sure that you have a Family Permit, Residence Card or another form of a Entry Clearance Visa when coming back to the UK, otherwise you may not be allowed back.

vinayunited

Post by vinayunited » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:05 am

Hi All,

I got my visa this morning for another 5 years (Right to remain). Thank you everyone on this forum who have helped me along. Without this forum i would have never been able to go through this rigorous and taxing application.

too old
Pakistan

Post by too old » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi May i ask if you applied after 2nd of february 2017 , if yes please could you share with us if you had submitted your ex wife PASSPORT or ID card with your application . Thanks

vinayunited

Post by vinayunited » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:48 pm

[quote="too old" post_id=1541107 time=1506515533 user_id=89471]
Hi May i ask if you applied after 2nd of february 2017 , if yes please could you share with us if you had submitted your ex wife PASSPORT or ID card with your application . Thanks
[/quote]

Hi,

I applied in the first week of June and yes i submitted my ex wife passport. They returned it within a week along with my passport.

vinayunited

EEA Right to Remain - What's next ?

Post by vinayunited » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:50 pm

Hi All,

I have a couple of questions now that i have got my EEA right to remain.

1. I have applied for health insurance as it was one of the requirements (even though I am working) but I remember something that said that they are going to remove the CSI option. Is that true ? Can i cancel it ?

2. If i complete this visa that would be 8 years in total that i would be on European guidelines. Is there a time after which I can apply to remain here indefinitely ? I have lived as a student and PSW in the UK since 2007 and under EEA since 2014

3. I would like to live in Paris for a few months, my work is flexible to allow me to do this. Is there a restrictions on the amount of time that I need to be in the UK? If i do live in Paris i will come to London at least a couple of times a month.

Thanks