ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VTU - English Language Proficiency Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

santoshkumar
Newly Registered

VTU - English Language Proficiency Letter

Post by santoshkumar » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:35 am

Hi,

I have done my engineering from VTU (Visveswaraiah Technological University)

The question is, can I get the university letter from Regional VTU office in Bangalore or do I have to go to Belgaum.

Also whom should I approach at VTU office and what is general procedure over there.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Santosh.

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:10 am

The English language profiency certificate is specific to your college that you studied in. They need to provide the letter stating that the course was taught in English.

However, if your university degree is not printed in English, you need to get the official translation of that certificate from the University that governs and exams your college.
sean

deepthi_a1980
Newly Registered

Until 25th at Bangalore regional office its not avlb

Post by deepthi_a1980 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:17 pm

Hi,
Until 25 th of this month the incharge executives at this regional office are not available. Even I'm waiting to get it but when I enquired other office staff they were not sure if they are issuing this certificate here or at Belgaum.

Thanks,
Deepthi

fly2uk

Post by fly2uk » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:17 am

Guys,

You need to take a DD infavor of "Finance Officer, VTU, Belgaum" for Rs 150/- and courier it to VTU office in Belgaum [ You will get the address from their website ]. Pls write a letter along with this stating that you need a medium of instruction certificate. Call them up after couple of days to confirm they are processing it. You should get it in 10 days time. Call up VTU Belgaum office to confirm it at 0831 2405461

This would be the English Language Certificate that you need, as per the guidance document / application form, which is issued by the awarding institution which is the VTU in our case and not the college where you studied.

Hope this helps.

deepthi_a1980
Newly Registered

Got the letter from VTU

Post by deepthi_a1980 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:48 pm

Thanks Fly2uk,

I got the letter from VTU exactly 10 days after sending the DD. But need to followup with these guys to get it done.

Thanks,
Deepthi

forevery1forever
Newly Registered

VTU - English Level equirement

Post by forevery1forever » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:56 pm

Folks,

I think letter from college is sufficient and you dont need to go to the University for this letter. Only the thing is it should be on college letter head with the auhotrity's signature, name and designation and contact details.

Thanks

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:20 pm

seanjoe

The letter normally should come from university not from college. There have been quite a few people gor rejection becoz of letter form college NOT from university.

Please note that I did not say that if U get letter from university it will be ok, as they could still reject U based on the wordings on the letter. Also it sometimes based on CW interpretation/opinion.
seanjoe wrote:The English language profiency certificate is specific to your college that you studied in. They need to provide the letter stating that the course was taught in English.

However, if your university degree is not printed in English, you need to get the official translation of that certificate from the University that governs and exams your college.
Pantaiema

gordon

Post by gordon » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:36 pm

seanjoe wrote:The English language profiency certificate is specific to your college that you studied in. They need to provide the letter stating that the course was taught in English.

There seems to be no clear standard about who should issue the college/university language letter. From my own experience, I got a letter from the dean's office of my college, since the university registrar indicated that they do not provide letters about medium of instruction. While I did not explain the registrar's position to the HSMP team, the letter I submitted appeared to have been adequate for the initial HSMP application.

As for the degree certificate, mine was not in English, and it had to be translated by a recognised/certified translator. I wasn't aware that the HSMP team were accepting translations of the degree certificates done by the degree-granting institutions themselves (unless the institutions were to issue degree certificates in the recipient's choice of language).

AG

shaik
Newly Registered

Regarding English letter

Post by shaik » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:08 am

Hi,

I got letter frm the university VTU, stating that my degree was awarded and taught in English.

I have small question here, as i have completed my degree in 2003 but my convacation was done in 2007. So, this letter says that my anual convacation was done in 2007 and degree was awarded and medium is english.

My Original degree marks sheets says that i have completed my degree in 2003.

Please let me know whether the date menction as 2007 in English letter will make any problem.

!xobile
Newly Registered

Post by !xobile » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:25 am

Hi shaik,

Mine was not similar case. Passed out of BIT / VTU in 2002, but the letter says convocation held in 2003.

I got the approval.

shaik
Newly Registered

Post by shaik » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:06 am

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:25 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for u r reply,

Can u please let me know what is BIT / VTU ? BIT refers to Bangalore university?

Can any one please help me in this regard, as i got convocation 2007 rather in 2003 will make any problem with my approval.

Thanks,
Shaik.

manosing28
Newly Registered
India

Re: Regarding English letter

Post by manosing28 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:27 pm

shaik wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:08 am
Hi,

I got letter frm the university VTU, stating that my degree was awarded and taught in English.

I have small question here, as i have completed my degree in 2003 but my convacation was done in 2007. So, this letter says that my anual convacation was done in 2007 and degree was awarded and medium is english.

Please let me know whether the date menction as 2007 in English letter will make any problem.
Hi Shaik,

I have also finished my BE degree in 2004 from VTU and need the same letter. Pls help to know the process.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Regarding English letter

Post by CR001 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:56 pm

manosing28 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:27 pm
shaik wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:08 am
Hi,

Hi Shaik,

I have also finished my BE degree in 2004 from VTU and need the same letter. Pls help to know the process.
You have posted in a topic that is more than 10 years old and also in a sub forum for a visa category that is no longer available. Kindly post your question in the correct visa category sub forum for which you are applying for, i.e. Tier 2, Immigration for Family, etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.