ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In denial about this decision

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

metanoia
Pakistan

In denial about this decision

Post by metanoia » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:09 pm

We applied for Entry Clearance from Pakistan on 4th August and received Refusal on 11th October, decision was made on 7th October.

This was the letter we received :

REASONS FOR REFUSAL

On 16/08/20178 you made an application for entry clearance to the UK under Appendix FM to the Immigration Rules on the basis of your family life with your partner X XXXXX.

Your application has been considered under those Rules, and with reference to Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR). The relevant Immigration Rules can be viewed on gov.uk here : www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules
We have considered your application under paragraph EC-P.1.1 of Appendix FM. However you do not qualify for entry clearance under the 5-year partner route for the following reasons:

Suitability
Your application does not fall for refusal on grounds of suitability under Section S-EC of Appendix FM.

Eligibility

You meet the eligibility requirements of Section E-ECP of Appendix FM.

Eligibility Relationship Requirement

You do not meet the eligibility relationship requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.2.1 to 2.10. because, You have provided evidence to demonstrate that you and your sponsor have entered into a marriage, this was evidenced by way of a marriage certificate. However, this is one aspect of the Immigration Rules. To qualify for an entry clearance I am required to be satisfied that all aspects are met. These Rules details that I must be also satisfied that the relationship is genuine and subsisting. In assessing your application I note that you first met your sponsor on xx/xx/xx, you detail that you last saw your sponsor on the xx/xx/xx.

I accept that evidence of contact prior to the marriage would not exist. However, the application contains very minimal evidence of contact between yourself and your husband post marriage. Evidence to demonstrate the relationship, may take the form of telephone contact, exchange of cards at important events – such as birthdays – post marriage visits etc. This is not an exhaustive list and there is no specified evidence that must be submitted, however what must be demonstrated is an ongoing and genuine relationship. You have not demonstrated how you are in communication with your spouse. I note that there are no photographs of your wedding/Engagement.

Eligibility Relationship Requirement
You meet the eligibility financial requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.3.1 to 3.4

Eligibility English Language Requirement
You meet the eligibility English Language requirement of paragraphs E-ECP.4.1 to 4.2

Exceptional Circumstances

MUSTWe have considered, under paragraphs GEN.3.1. and GEN.3.2. of Appendix FM as applicable, whether there are exceptional circumstances in your case which could or would render refusal a breach of Article 8 of the ECHR because it could or would result in unjustifiably harsh consequences for you or your family. In so doing we have taken into account, under paragraph GEN.3.3. of Appendix FM, the best interests of any relevant child as a primary consideration.

You have provided no information or evidence to establish that there are any exceptional

Refusal under the Partner Rules

In light of the above, your application is refused under paragraph D-ECP.1.3. of Appendix FM with reference to paragraph EC-P.1.1.(a), (b), (c) and (d) and you do not qualify for entry clearance on the 5-year partner route, or on the 10-year partner route on the basis of exceptional circumstances, under Appendix FM.

Compassionate Factors

raisedYou do not fall for a grant of entry clearance outside the Immigration Rules on the basis of compassionate factors

Note :
This is the exact letter we received (no typos on my behalf) along with IAFT-6 Form and payment guidelines.

They said we haven't provided any proof for communication between us and provided no pictures of the wedding.

We sent 60 photos of wedding and before/after of us and with family.
WhatsApp chat log (Oct 15 to Date of submission)
WhatsApp chat screenshots
WhatsApp call screenshots
Skype calls screenshots
Gifts exchange
Cards exchange
Money transfer Western union receipts
Boarding passes, Hotel Bills, Airline Tickets for 2 visits to Pakistan (March 16, September 16)
Marriage certificate along with English Urdu Nikkah Nama
Parcels exchange receipts (8 in total)

Package sent to Sheffield was for 8.374 Kgs with original and photo copies where they retained the photocopies and sent original back in 1 day.

We have failed to comprehend this refusal, like what else could we provide. Ofcourse we are angry and want to write a strong worded email to UKVI but still haven't incase it will hinder our chances at review stage.

My husband is British born citizen, working with an american company. We both have worked as medium to higher level management with multi nationals in our professional careers. We had guidance from a reputable solicitor but prepared our case ourselves. We did everything with best of our ability and probably why it delayed our submission of case which we wanted to submit a lot sooner but we wanted to do it as perfect as we can.

We were not contacted for any additional document request or any interview if they had any relationship doubts.

We are preparing to appeal it. We have hired the solicitor and dont think there is any complication that we should take a barrister on board.

I would like your feedback about our chances, how long it can take for review or further if it goes to hearing.

Initially we both wanted to reapply and appeal but have put reapplying on hold until my husband will visit me which can take few weeks (because of work commitments) as well as advise from solicitor to not to reapply because to be honest what else we could submit as proof for committing and subsisting marriage.

Thank you for reading a very lengthy essay.
Biometrics Karachi 04/08/17
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused on subsisting relationship)
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn 26/02/18
Decision overturned 29/03/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: In denial about this decision

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:34 pm

Seems like an arranged marriage which HO did accepted as per refusal paragraph that relationship/communication won't exist prior to marriage. But looking on the evidences you attached and if these were starting right after marriage then you shouldn't be refused as they clearly be overlooked.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:42 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:34 pm
Seems like an arranged marriage which HO did accepted as per refusal paragraph that relationship/communication won't exist prior to marriage. But looking on the evidences you attached and if these were starting right after marriage then you shouldn't be refused as they clearly be overlooked.
It wasn't an arranged marriage and we did provide evidence of communication right from the start of relationship. They just blatantly failed to acknowledge all the relationship / communication evidence we provided.

Shouldn't we be contacted if they found those documents missing or interview us to verify the marriage ??
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:51 pm

I also guess all these evidences have been overlooked. Appeal will be the best solution but it will take so long because if you re-apply then you have to attach same. You should also inquire that whether is there solution that instead appealing/re-applying you complain about the misjudgement to the senior of caseworker.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:04 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:51 pm
I also guess all these evidences have been overlooked. Appeal will be the best solution but it will take so long because if you re-apply then you have to attach same. You should also inquire that whether is there solution that instead appealing/re-applying you complain about the misjudgement to the senior of caseworker.
Thank you Seagul, that's what we want to find out if there is any solution which would be quicker.

I did read about A letter of reconsideration to ECO but couldn't find much details about it to verify if its an option or if its just administrative review.

I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable could share some information.
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:10 pm

Maybe Obie-moderator know it as he is good in such knowledge. Maybe he reply. Regarding EU applications in past a lot members did same and got success without reapplying/appealing. I wish same thing may also exist.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:57 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:10 pm
Maybe Obie-moderator know it as he is good in such knowledge. Maybe he reply. Regarding EU applications in past a lot members did same and got success without reapplying/appealing. I wish same thing may also exist.
Thank you Seagul.
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:34 pm

I found this link which may be helpful for you.

https://www.gov.uk/ask-for-a-visa-administrative-review

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:37 am

seagul wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:34 pm
I found this link which may be helpful for you.

https://www.gov.uk/ask-for-a-visa-administrative-review
Thank you Seagul, we are getting the administrative review but i'm not sure if its in conjunction with the appeal where they review the appeal and later on go to court hearing or if its a separate one. Our solicitor is hopeful it will be turned at review stage.

Thank you for taking out time to answer me.
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

Shaziaramis
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaziaramis » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi Metanoia.

Really frustrating and angry after reading your refusal notice, Absolutely shocked at the way home office treat people like money making machines, if every applicant is spending at least £3,000 for their visa's the least they can do is inform us, if there are documents missing and to provide them in the time given. Were humans at the end of the day and can easily make a mistake. As if being away from your spouse wasn't difficult enough.!!

EASY for them to just refuse and move onto the next case, but for the people with refused cases its a lot more difficult to move forward and clean up the mess they've made by not giving you a chance.

Just wanted to know if, when your documents were returned did they return your relationship documents??

After speaking to a few solicitors about my own case today, a lot have advised if you financially can support yourself to re-apply then thats the better option unless your strong enough to start the waiting game again. As for some that can prove very difficult. May Allah guide you in the right direction and make things easy for you, & your partner. Insha Allah. The same goes out to the others in the same BOAT.

Like everyones been telling me all day to make me feel better "Allah knows what we know not"
& Allah swt has saved us from bigger problems if he's put us in this Dilemma.

Allah is the MOST Merciful & always tests the people he loves <3

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:36 pm

Finally our spouse visa refusal has been withdrawn. Received withdrawn letter (dtd. 26/02/18) by email on 01/03/18

"I am writing to inform you that i have received the decision made on 07/10/17 to refuse your application. The decision is now withdrawn and your case will reconsidered by the decision making centre.

The reason for this is :

Additional evidence was submitted with the grounds of appeal, prompting a reconsideration of the decision.

We will advise the Decision making centre where your original application was decided. They will contact you in due course with further information about any next steps you need to take.

The letter is being copied to the Tribunal."

Questions
1. How long it can take to issue the visa.
2. Our IHS has not been refunded, can we use the same reference number if they ask to repay or we will have to repay and then ask for refund of previous IHS.
3. My TB test has been expired, should i do it again before they ask to submit passport to save time.
4. When we should start chasing them.

Those who are awaiting ECM review

Biometrics Karachi : 04/08/17 Priority
No Hold, case not straightforward or 31/10 emails
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused based on subsisting relationship, they only acknowledged our marriage certificate and my husband's 2 visits to pakistan)
Appeal sent : 01/11/17
We provided additional documents with grounds of appeal. We provided additional communication evidence preceding to appeal, more photographs, money transfer receipts, our anniversary gifts exchange, confirmed hotel and airline bookings for our holiday which took end of november.
Acknowledgment received : 18/12/17
Deadline : 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn email : 01/03/18

Our MP was of no help.

Chased for an update through emails :
customer.service@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
Got automated responses that they would reply in 10 days but normally reply before that.
1st was they cant expedite our appeal.
2nd was they can chase home office before deadline. This was an hour before we received withdrawn email

global.appeals@fco.gov.uk
No response

Sheffield.IslamabadAppeals@fco.gov.uk
Automated response, This mailbox is no longer in use

ICQAT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
This email is for internal communication

ICQATWithdrawnAppeals@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Email received Decision withdrawn letter

It was not much of use to chase them apparently but it was important for our sanity. We dont know it might have helped speed up the process by chasing them. It took exactly 4 months from sending the appeal to receive this email.

Stay strong as this process is nerve wrecking especially when you know you didnt make any mistakes in application process.

p.s. Thank you CR001
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:57 pm

Congratulations on your success. I think you yourself applied appeal with request for reconsideration

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:26 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:57 pm
Congratulations on your success. I think you yourself applied appeal with request for reconsideration
Thank you seagul. We appealed through solicitor who made a reconsideration request.
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:42 pm

Lifeisadream wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:06 pm
Lifeisadream wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:50 pm
:)
metanoia wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:27 am
Deadline date should be mentioned on your appeal notice, if it's not mentioned like our's you can calculate 15 weeks from date of your appeal notice issued.
Mashallah i see from your timeline that they have. Withdrawn their decision. My deadline is 26th March still no news I think then it's going to court.

Did they refund your IHS payment.
Thank you, have faith you may hear good news soon.

No, our IHS has not been refunded.
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:40 am

I am in similar situation to you, solicitor ask them to reconsider in December, but it has never been acknowledged. Mp also asked them to reconsider and they said no.

We have so far complained and complained and complained to the point where they have finally agreed to review the case on 26/02 but we dont know how long its going to take unfortunately.

But... Congratulations to you!

Lifeisadream

Post by Lifeisadream » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:55 pm

My appeal deadline came and no withdrawal email for home office.
I called the first tier tribunal they said that they didn't not receive the bundle back from home office but the automatically put me in the queue for hearing.

Is their a chance of the home office withdrawing their refusal decision because they didn't not send the bundle back to the first tier tribunal.

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:07 am

Lifeisadream wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:55 pm
My appeal deadline came and no withdrawal email for home office.
I called the first tier tribunal they said that they didn't not receive the bundle back from home office but the automatically put me in the queue for hearing.

Is their a chance of the home office withdrawing their refusal decision because they didn't not send the bundle back to the first tier tribunal.
There's always a chance of good news, if you search this forum for timelines for appeals you will read all different types of appeal stories. 1 member had a decision overturned 1 day before the hearing date.

That's said, also start preparing for hearing or reapply (in case you don't want to wait that long). Have faith and patience and you'll eventually get the chance to start your life with your spouse.
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:26 am

Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:40 am
I am in similar situation to you, solicitor ask them to reconsider in December, but it has never been acknowledged. Mp also asked them to reconsider and they said no.

We have so far complained and complained and complained to the point where they have finally agreed to review the case on 26/02 but we dont know how long its going to take unfortunately.

Thank you and I'm sorry just overlooked your post. I have read all your posts on the forum and hats off to you for chasing them and fighting for your right as you've been doing.

Now that you finally have the pending appeal, it is a good time to ask your MP to ask HO to escalate your ECM review, I don't know how effective that is but at least they can inquire about the status of ECM review on your behalf as HO doesn't answer the applicant/sponsor for the same and tribunal only tells to wait out your deadline and they won't chase HO.

As for escalation request to tribunal, my understanding is that if its accepted by judge it only prioritize your hearing date once ECM review fails or deadline passed. I've read through about your mental health issues after the refusal but i think judges have seen it all and would only accept escalation if more serious obstacles arises as most of us who has gone through refusal will suffer depression and mental health issues.

Keep faith and stay strong, you'll get through this sooner.
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

Ballmigirl17
Albania

Post by Ballmigirl17 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:01 am

metanoia wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:26 am
Ballmigirl17 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:40 am

Thank you and I'm sorry just overlooked your post. I have read all your posts on the forum and hats off to you for chasing them and fighting for your right as you've been doing.

Now that you finally have the pending appeal, it is a good time to ask your MP to ask HO to escalate your ECM review, I don't know how effective that is but at least they can inquire about the status of ECM review on your behalf as HO doesn't answer the applicant/sponsor for the same and tribunal only tells to wait out your deadline and they won't chase HO.

As for escalation request to tribunal, my understanding is that if its accepted by judge it only prioritize your hearing date once ECM review fails or deadline passed. I've read through about your mental health issues after the refusal but i think judges have seen it all and would only accept escalation if more serious obstacles arises as most of us who has gone through refusal will suffer depression and mental health issues.

Keep faith and stay strong, you'll get through this sooner.
Hi Metanoia

Thank you for your words I cant begin to describe this torture, although being through it yourself you probably already know!.

although the home office have agreed to do review as of 27th February our MP has asked them to expedite/escalate this to do as soon as possible, but as you probably already know the home office takes at least 20 days to respond, our 20th Day will be 6th April so hoping to hear something soon regarding this, Meanwhile we have finally received our notice of appeal on 16th March.

I just hope for us its all over soon as I am not sure how much more incompetence I can take!

xx

Shaziaramis
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaziaramis » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:04 pm

metanoia wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:36 pm
Finally our spouse visa refusal has been withdrawn. Received withdrawn letter (dtd. 26/02/18) by email on 01/03/18

"I am writing to inform you that i have received the decision made on 07/10/17 to refuse your application. The decision is now withdrawn and your case will reconsidered by the decision making centre.

The reason for this is :

Additional evidence was submitted with the grounds of appeal, prompting a reconsideration of the decision.

We will advise the Decision making centre where your original application was decided. They will contact you in due course with further information about any next steps you need to take.

The letter is being copied to the Tribunal."

Questions
2. Our IHS has not been refunded, can we use the same reference number if they ask to repay or we will have to repay and then ask for refund of previous IHS.
3. My TB test has been expired, should i do it again before they ask to submit passport to save time.

Those who are awaiting ECM review

Biometrics Karachi : 04/08/17 Priority
No Hold, case not straightforward or 31/10 emails
Decision received 11/10 (Visa refused based on subsisting relationship, they only acknowledged our marriage certificate and my husband's 2 visits to pakistan)
Appeal sent : 01/11/17
We provided additional documents with grounds of appeal. We provided additional communication evidence preceding to appeal, more photographs, money transfer receipts, our anniversary gifts exchange, confirmed hotel and airline bookings for our holiday which took end of november.
Acknowledgment received : 18/12/17
Deadline : 02/04/18
Decision withdrawn email : 01/03/18

Our MP was of no help.

Chased for an update through emails :
customer.service@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk
Got automated responses that they would reply in 10 days but normally reply before that.
1st was they cant expedite our appeal.
2nd was they can chase home office before deadline. This was an hour before we received withdrawn email

global.appeals@fco.gov.uk
No response

Sheffield.IslamabadAppeals@fco.gov.uk
Automated response, This mailbox is no longer in use

ICQAT@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
This email is for internal communication

ICQATWithdrawnAppeals@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
Email received Decision withdrawn letter

It was not much of use to chase them apparently but it was important for our sanity. We dont know it might have helped speed up the process by chasing them. It took exactly 4 months from sending the appeal to receive this email.

Stay strong as this process is nerve wrecking especially when you know you didnt make any mistakes in application process.

p.s. Thank you CR001
Asalamualikum Metanoia

First of all CONGRATULATIONS Really very happy to know that your visa decision has been overturned after a long wait. You've been really patient to be honest, I don't think I could have waited that long again after my refusal.

Regarding waiting time the HO are just unreliable and take different time for every case they deal with, from my refusal I still haven't received my IHS refund.

I do think you should check and pay for it again as they probably are waiting for you IHS again as there wont be anything else that they could be waiting for??. That way you'll be sure that you've paid a fresh one and can get a refund on first one after the visa process is complete.

Your TB test wont matter now as your appeal has been granted already on the basis of the evidence you've submitted against their refusal decision so there wont be any reason for them to want to even see a new TB TEST. At the time of you application the TB test was still in date so is considered from that date so I wouldn't worry about that.

Start chasing them straight away because theyr'e slow and annoying and show no remorse to anyone. They already kept you waiting for four months for the decision to be overturned so they should just complete your application and let you live in peace and not think about your VISA AGAIN!!

Also last thing I wanted to let you know I re-applied on the 4th of December 2017 with the Priority service again and my husband got his Visa on the 3rd of January 2018 ( total of 14 working days taking out all the christmas holidays) A Great New year for me Thanks to Allah. My husbands visa was valid from 8th January - 8th Feb and he arrived on the 2nd of Feb. Alhamdulilah. Thank you for your help at the time of my refusal, you really helped me a lot.

Best of luck to you. May Allah make things easy for you and everyone else having problems with their visas. Ameen. x

metanoia
Pakistan

Post by metanoia » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:04 am

So our nightmare has finally ended. Visa granted from 11th April 2018 - 11 January 2021 for 33 months.

Our full timeline is

Biometrics 4th August 2017 (priority) Karachi
Documents sent : 15th August 2017
Documents returned : 17th August 2017
Visa refused : 7th October 2017 (Subsisting relationship)
Appeal sent : 1st November 2017
Notice of pending appeal : 18th December 2017
Review deadline : 2nd April 2018
Refusal withdrawn : 26th February 2018
Letter for Appeal Withdrawal : 7th March 2018
Decision overturned : 29th March 2018
IHS payment link : 30th March 2018 (paid straightaway) Our previous IHS payment still not refunded
Passport submitted : 3rd April 2018 (after Easter holidays)
Call for collection : 9th April 2018 Visa granted
Vignette : 11th April - 11th May

Thank you to all moderators and senior members especially Seagull. I've learnt a great deal from all of you and do try to return back here and on some Facebook pages. Your knowledge & dedication on the matter of immigration is commendable.

Shaziaramis wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Asalamualikum Metanoia

First of all CONGRATULATIONS Really very happy to know that your visa decision has been overturned after a long wait. You've been really patient to be honest, I don't think I could have waited that long again after my refusal.

Also last thing I wanted to let you know I re-applied on the 4th of December 2017 with the Priority service again and my husband got his Visa on the 3rd of January 2018 ( total of 14 working days taking out all the christmas holidays) A Great New year for me Thanks to Allah. My husbands visa was valid from 8th January - 8th Feb and he arrived on the 2nd of Feb. Alhamdulilah. Thank you for your help at the time of my refusal, you really helped me a lot.

Best of luck to you. May Allah make things easy for you and everyone else having problems with their visas. Ameen. x
Thank you so much my dear, means alot and you've helped me more than you know on those days. Probably also because we applied and got refused on nearly same dates and share same name. I did wonder if you applied again but since you've had not login for long so couldn't ask.

Many congratulations on quick remedy of your ordeal. Wish you all the very best for your life ahead.
Acknowledgment 18/12/17
Deadline 02/04/18
PP submitted 3/4/18
Visa granted 9/4/18

Shaziaramis
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Shaziaramis » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:05 pm

Hey Metonoia,

Wow Mashallah I’m so happy for you, Congratulations I actually Prayed for you yesterday wishing you visa would just get sorted now and Alhamdulilah, Allah is the Greatest. I didn’t know we shared the same name :) and yeah our timeline was very similar we both applied at the same time and refused near the same time too.

I went to Pakistan to see my husband after my refusal just to get my mind fresh again as it was a really stressful time for us both, and then just didn’t have the time to come on to the forum since husband came. Too much to do when a new person comes to the U.K. lol.

You’ll find that yourself when you do come the list of to do things is never ending. My fb is in same username so add me, would be nice to stay in touch.

Wishing you and your hubby a Beautiful, Blessed and happy life together. Ameen.

metanoia wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:04 am
So our nightmare has finally ended. Visa granted from 11th April 2018 - 11 January 2021 for 33 months.

Our full timeline is

Biometrics 4th August 2017 (priority) Karachi
Documents sent : 15th August 2017
Documents returned : 17th August 2017
Visa refused : 7th October 2017 (Subsisting relationship)
Appeal sent : 1st November 2017
Notice of pending appeal : 18th December 2017
Review deadline : 2nd April 2018
Refusal withdrawn : 26th February 2018
Letter for Appeal Withdrawal : 7th March 2018
Decision overturned : 29th March 2018
IHS payment link : 30th March 2018 (paid straightaway) Our previous IHS payment still not refunded
Passport submitted : 3rd April 2018 (after Easter holidays)
Call for collection : 9th April 2018 Visa granted
Vignette : 11th April - 11th May

Thank you to all moderators and senior members especially Seagull. I've learnt a great deal from all of you and do try to return back here and on some Facebook pages. Your knowledge & dedication on the matter of immigration is commendable.

Shaziaramis wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:04 pm

Asalamualikum Metanoia

Thank you so much my dear, means alot and you've helped me more than you know on those days. Probably also because we applied and got refused on nearly same dates and share same name. I did wonder if you applied again but since you've had not login for long so couldn't ask.

Many congratulations on quick remedy of your ordeal. Wish you all the very best for your life ahead.