ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CroydonPEO Premium Tier 1 General Dependent Extension July 2017 still waiting

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kimbrulait
Newly Registered
Canada

Tier 1 General Dependent - which form? Expires july 18!

Post by kimbrulait » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:37 pm

hello

I have ILR but came on tier 1 General route. My husband's last extension was for 3 years putting him 50 days short of ILR when his visa expires on July 18. Do we need to do PBS Extension? https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner

I am so stressed because I was advised months ago that we needed to do FLR(M) and when I was filling out the premium service appointment and looking at guidance it became clear my husband can't presently meet the requirements for that visa.

Can someone please advise on which form we need to complete?

Does he have 28 days AFTER visa expires to apply?

Thank you so much!

Kim

kimbrulait
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Tier 1 General Dependent - which form? Expires july 18!

Post by kimbrulait » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:41 pm

Also - I need to do Premium Service b/c he needs to hang on to his passport. If possible can someone wno knows for sure post the link to the application we need. Thank you so much!!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:41 am

I have ILR but came on tier 1 General route. My husband's last extension was for 3 years putting him 50 days short of ILR when his visa expires on July 18. Do we need to do PBS Extension? https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-partner
Yes, he must apply for an extension. It will be an extension for 3 years. He must also pay the health surcharge of £600 PLUS the visa fee.
Can someone please advise on which form we need to complete?
Tier 1 dependent
Does he have 28 days AFTER visa expires to apply?
No he does not. He MUST apply BEFORE his visa expires.

The link you have posted is the correct link PBS Dependent Partner.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kimbrulait
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by kimbrulait » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:34 am

Thank you CR011.

We went on July 18 to a premium appointment at Croydon. At 7:30pm they told us that they could not process his application that day - need more time and would be in touch in a few days. We still haven't heard anything which is stressing my husband enormously. We tried going to check the status of his app online and none of his reference numbers are recognised. They kept my passport too! :(

K

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:40 am

Did they say why?

Was there something you did not have ready to submit?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kimbrulait
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by kimbrulait » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:14 pm

No. The letter says `'Your application is valid but there are further enquiries that need to be made on your case and as such your application has been passed to a team where these enquiries can be made."

He did have a civil judgement three years ago and they confirmed that they have the details and aren't concerned about that. My husband still thinks its that and want to make sure that he paid his fine etc.

The only other thing they asked about was if he had his passport that showed the day he entered as they noted he qualifies for ILR on Sept 27. But in the meantime he has been speculating it is because he is from Algeria, maybe verifying he hasn't had any benefits - if that were the case it would be really frustrating because I didn't even collect any mat leave etc because when I called Job Centre they told me a lot of contradicting info.

kimbrulait
Newly Registered
Canada

CroydonPEO Premium Tier 1 General Dependent Extension July 2017 still waiting

Post by kimbrulait » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:54 am

hello

My husband applied for extension on July 18 with premium appt. they gave him the additional checks required doc. So after a few phone calls I got an email:

Our records show that his application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but he will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further. Should the caseworker require further information and/or documents they will contact him.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

Yours Sincerely ,

UK Visas and Immigration

----

what else can we do? we have contacted our MP. This is far beyond the 8 week service standard. He only needs his visa to stay until he can continue a visa application elsewhere to move 'home' with me. and it should be january or february that he will reach this next step and need his passport. we never imagined it would take this long. and every day he is stressing out more. he feels like he is being held hostage. he can't visit family, we coulnd't take any vacation. we can't make plans to go anywhere for Christmas. I need to fly 12 hours away to sort out son's immigration and he doesn't want us to go until he gets his passport back. This absurd. There is not one thing about our situation that changed from the last extension to this one. Theoretically 10 weeks after applying for the extension he met the 5 year residency requirement for ILR but has not interest in applying because we now plan to leave the UK once he has the visa he needs to do so. But we don't want to be living in separate countries while he waits for that. So he hasn't done the english or life in the UK tests and doesn't want to. Besides it seems changing this app to ILR would just elongate the already painful process. Seriously I am sure some of you can relate, every argument we have had in the last 3 months is somehow tied to the stress he feels around this.

anyway what can we do? every brit I talk to about this is 'shocked and horrified' but nobody does anything.