ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Depenedent VISA app by post

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

NROW

PBS Depenedent VISA app by post

Post by NROW » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:55 am

Hi,

Can someone help me on the below queries pls.

1. My wife and daughter have valid visa till 2 Feb 2018. We are planning to apply by post this time.
What could be the earliest possible date by which we can apply for VISA by post.

2. I am self employed now. What are all documents should I provide along with my dependents VISA application.
I was employed last time and submitted employer letter and payslips.
What are all the corresponding documents which should be submitted this time.

3. Any idea on the duration to receive the VISA by postal application.

Thanks,
Rowthrinath

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Depenedent VISA app by post

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:46 pm

On what date did they originally enter the UK on Tier 1 dependent?

You can apply at any time before their visa expires and they will have to apply for a 3 year extension. They will also have to pay the immigration health surcharge of £600 each plus the visa fee.

uk-tier-1-general-visas/in-country-tier ... 2-120.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NROW

Post by NROW » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:18 pm

Thanks for the reply.

My wife came into UK in Aug 2012 but she went to India for delivery and the VISA expired while she was in India. We didn't know that this could cost me so much as the counter got reset as VISA expired while she was in India. So she lost the eligibility to apply for ILR and we are applying for the extension now. I got the clarification from you before.

Can you please help me with the below question. Some of the posts in forum says the below mentioned documents are not required and some posts says it as mandatory. So quite confused.

"I am self employed now. What are all documents should I provide along with my dependents VISA application.
What are all the corresponding documents which should be submitted this time".

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:06 am

My wife came into UK in Aug 2012 but she went to India for delivery and the VISA expired while she was in India. We didn't know that this could cost me so much as the counter got reset as VISA expired while she was in India. So she lost the eligibility to apply for ILR and we are applying for the extension now. I got the clarification from you before.

What date did her visa expire when she was in India and what date did she apply for a new entry clearance visa from India?
"I am self employed now. What are all documents should I provide along with my dependents VISA application.
What are all the corresponding documents which should be submitted this time".
The link I have provided tells you what members have submitted and approval received. You need to show maintenance funds, but other than that, minimal documents are required. Please take the time to read what members have posted in the link and read through the Tier 1 Dependent guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NROW

Post by NROW » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:11 pm

What date did her visa expire when she was in India and what date did she apply for a new entry clearance visa from India?

Details are given below:
Left to India on 2 Apr 2015.
VISA expired on 24 Apr 2015.
New entry clearance VISA applied on 14 Sep 2015
New VISA issued on 25 Sep 2015
Entered UK on 10 Oct 2015

Thanks,
Rowthrinath

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:17 pm

That is a pity. Had she applied for a new visa within 28 days of her visa expiring, her continuous residence might have been in tact.

She will be eligible for ILR no sooner than within 28 days before 10th October 2020. A three year extension should therefore be the last one for her.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

NROW

Post by NROW » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:54 am

Hi,

IHS surcharge is showing up as £1500 each and in total £3000.
I got bit shocked to see the number as I was expecting £1200 or below for each of them.
New VISA issued on 25 Sep 2015 and expires on 02 Feb 2018.

Then I read that excess amount will be refunded automatically. Will this happen after the VISA is processed.
Can you please help how much will I be getting refund?

Regards,
Rowthrinath

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 am

Yes excess IHS is only refunded after the application has been processed. IHS refund can also take more than 3 months.

She should apply alone and not put your details in. It should be £600 per person applying.

See link below how a user overcame this huge incorrect cost issue. You might need to do the same.

uk-tier-1-general-visas/pbs-dependant-e ... l#p1534974
Char (CR001 not Casa)

NROW

Post by NROW » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi,

The link provides solution for applying in person. The person has paid IHS surcharge while booking appointment but I am planning to apply by post. So Is there any other way to resolve this issue.

IHS surcharge portal requires us to enter my details as I am not an British citizen but holding an ILR.
When we update this detail, IHS surcharge is calculated as £1500 each.

Can I just omit my details in the IHS portal. I tried this way by registering in IHS portal with different account and it shows £1200 for both. If yes, I can make payment and provide the IHS number in the application and proceed. Please confirm.

Thanks,
Rowthrinath

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:07 pm

Can I just omit my details in the IHS portal. I tried this way by registering in IHS portal with different account and it shows £1200 for both. If yes, I can make payment and provide the IHS number in the application and proceed. Please confirm.
Is this not what I have been saying by 'apply alone' and 'leave your details out'??

Yes, you can do this, no issue, you can do this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)