ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Awaiting a decision

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Adaujla2
Mood:
India

Awaiting a decision

Post by Adaujla2 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Hello guys as i have posted in my other posts how i got to first tier tribunal and appeal was allowed its been 2 months since i received my decision and i havnt heard anything from home office yet. I went on their website and tried checking my application status by entering my health surcharge ref number. And it says awaiting a decision. It also mentioned that status goes from open to awaiting a decision and then decided. On the other side my solicitor has been very good but he has charged me tons of money. Now my solicitor is saying he can write the HO about my case to send a decision but he never told me about this online status check. He is saying he can send the letter and that will cost me around £750. He seems very greedy as my case is coming to a conclusion. My question is since my visa status is awaiting a decision does that mean that its not very long to go now. Please answer, thanks

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Re: Awaiting a decision

Post by dilse4srk » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:30 pm

Adaujla2 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:31 pm
Hello guys as i have posted in my other posts how i got to first tier tribunal and appeal was allowed its been 2 months since i received my decision and i havnt heard anything from home office yet. I went on their website and tried checking my application status by entering my health surcharge ref number. And it says awaiting a decision. It also mentioned that status goes from open to awaiting a decision and then decided. On the other side my solicitor has been very good but he has charged me tons of money. Now my solicitor is saying he can write the HO about my case to send a decision but he never told me about this online status check. He is saying he can send the letter and that will cost me around £750. He seems very greedy as my case is coming to a conclusion. My question is since my visa status is awaiting a decision does that mean that its not very long to go now. Please answer, thanks

Hi

Try sending email to determinations team or look at the decision from first tier tribunal. Down at the bottom there will be address for presenting officers unit. Search in google for their number and call them to ask

Can you please tell me if judge awarded u fee. My appeal was allowed 2 weeks ago and when i rang presenting office unit they told me they are not going to challenge. Now i am in the same boat as u. Also try contacting your mp.

Adaujla2
Mood:
India

Post by Adaujla2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:46 pm

Hi, yes the judge awarded me the fee but i havnt received that either. One of my friend was in same boat too , he won his appeal on 2nd august and he got a letter on 2nd november from HO , saying they will go ahead with judge's decision and he will get his card by next 10 days. So i am just waiting till the end of this month. Best of luck

Adaujla2
Mood:
India

Post by Adaujla2 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:11 pm

Can you please help me with email. I cant find it. Can you please give a brief about it. My solicitor seems to be getting very greedy. He is saying that it might take a year for my visa to be granted he is trying to convince me to send them a letter which he is going to charge me for.

Adaujla2
Mood:
India

Post by Adaujla2 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:07 pm

dilse4srk wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:30 pm
Adaujla2 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:31 pm

Hi

Try sending email to determinations team or look at the decision from first tier tribunal. Down at the bottom there will be address for presenting officers unit. Search in google for their number and call them to ask

Can you please tell me if judge awarded u fee. My appeal was allowed 2 weeks ago and when i rang presenting office unit they told me they are not going to challenge. Now i am in the same boat as u. Also try contacting your mp.

Hey i tried calling the presenting officer but no answer. Any clue how i can get to know the status of my application

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi, i currently do not have any solicitor, so i am doing everything on my own and finding all information by my own search and information through this forum. Most recently i rang presenting officers unit and they told me that my file is sent to process for visa which is very good news. Do not pay any money for this to your solicitor, they just rip us off

Determinations.team@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

This is the team which probably give you some info regarding the status of your application, send them an email with yourname, DOB address and home office number. Also tell them that you are waiting for over 2 months now.

Best people to speak to are the presenting officers unit, their address is listed on judge's decision down at the bottom where judge sent home office a copy as well.
https://ukimmigrationjusticewatch.files ... -units.pdf
search you POU in the above link and call them. hope you get a positive answer, if after few more days you dont get any positive answer, contact you MP and let them know about delay,
after 60 days you can claim your fee award from home office, its on gov website

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:11 pm

just an update, today i received fee award from the court

Adaujla2
Mood:
India

Post by Adaujla2 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:18 pm

Thanks
I havnt even received any award fees yet. Am getting a but worried now. When i put my ho ref on their website it doesnt work but wen i put my health surcharge number it says awaiting a decision so am very confused

Adaujla2
Mood:
India

Post by Adaujla2 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:35 pm

dilse4srk wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:11 pm
just an update, today i received fee award from the court
Do they out money into your account? Is there any way to claim it youself or they just do it all by themselves

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Sometime they give fee award themselves some time they dont even pay u and issue u the visa. I know some people who didnt get fee award even judge told home office to pay but within 3 months they got their visa.

Thing which confuses me in ur case is when ur spouse visa got refused did they not refund u the ihs.

When i put my case ref in website it does not find it but presenting officer unit told me that my file was sent for processing. Today i came for reporting i just hope they cancel this nonsense thing. Will update u and if u have any updates let me know as well. As i mentioned get in touch with mp and before that just once call tribunal and tell them home office still didnt pay u fee award

Adaujla2
Mood:
India

Post by Adaujla2 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:26 pm

I am not even worried about award fee. I just wish they issue my visa in time, and no my ihs was not refunded.
My ref number is also not working but my ihs number is working. Let me know what happened at reporting center