ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1(G) Dependent application extension earliest application date

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PBS_Dependent
Newly Registered

Tier 1(G) Dependent application extension earliest application date

Post by PBS_Dependent » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:49 am

Hi,

Does submitting extension application earlier than 28 days before my visa expiry date (in March 2018) can get it rejected/refused.I would like to do it early for personal reasons as long as this will not be a reason for refusal. Please note that the main applicant is a BC now and that this is going to be my second extension and that all I needed is 15 more months of visa for ILR qualifying period of 5 years continuous residency in UK from the date of entry.

And also can some one please confirm that April 2018 deadline for ILR (Tier (G) main applicants) doesn't apply to Tier(G) dependants.

Please reply. Thanks in advance.

regards PBS_Dependent

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1(G) Dependent application extension earliest application date

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:53 am

earlier than 28 days before my visa expiry date (in March 2018) can get it rejected/refused
No it should not if you state valid reasons on why you are extending so early.
And also can some one please confirm that April 2018 deadline for ILR (Tier (G) main applicants) doesn't apply to Tier(G) dependants.
The April 2018 ILR cut off DOES NOT apply to Tier 1 Dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PBS_Dependent
Newly Registered

Post by PBS_Dependent » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:51 am

Hi CR001,

Thanks for your reply.
No it should not if you state valid reasons on why you are extending so early.
Please answer the following follow up questions;

Q1. Is it mandatory to give an explanation/reason for extending so early? I can give an explanation/reason in the additional information page of the application if I should but is it really required?

Q2. Coming to the actual reasons, though I'm not sure they are valid enough reasons, I'm expecting a baby in March 2018 and would like to sort out visa related stuff before taking my Maternity leave for obvious reasons. The second and most important reason is that I'm planning to bring my mother into UK around February 2018 so I'm getting worried that she will be given only 1 month of Visitor visa instead of usual 6 months as my visa is expiring in March 2018( this is what I read somewhere in this forum but please correct me if I'm wrong). Please note that I will be sponsoring her trip to the UK (expenses and accommodation) and going to submit my payslips, bank statements and other relevant documentation including Passport and Visa as required for her application. Though my husband too can sponsor her trip his documentation is in complete disarray so please ignore this option while answering the 2nd question.

Thank you very much in advance.

regards PBS_Dependent

PBS_Dependent
Newly Registered

Post by PBS_Dependent » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:58 am

Hi,

Could someone answer the following question please!

As explained in my previous post, I'm pregnant and expecting in March 2018 around the same time as my current visa expiry date. So I'm planning to submit my extension application approximately 3 months earlier to visa expiry date to make myself comfortable and relaxed during the last two months of my pregnancy.

Can someone please tell me (from your knowledge/understanding of the Immigration rules/procedures) whether HO would consider it as a valid reason for accepting my application so early?( I'm happy to attach a Mat B1 form as a proof that my due date falls near the visa expiry date but I'm not sure this is any good)

Thanks in advance.

regards PBS_Dependent

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:57 am

Explaining you are applying early to avoid unnecessary stress immediately before your due date is fine.

A visitor visa is always issued for 6 months. Though she should not stay for six months as that is not a 'visit' but 'residing'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.