ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent overstayed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bash24
Newly Registered

PBS Dependent overstayed

Post by bash24 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:16 pm

Father : British through Tier 1 general
Mother: PBS Dependent FLR (going for ILR in two weeks)
Lost job when extension (second extension as they have 11months to complete 5years) of renewal for Kids and wife. And was only able to do for Wife and a daughter. Now two kids are now overstayers. Any advice on how to go about this will be much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent overstayed

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:22 pm

Now two kids are now overstayers.
UK born or born abroad?

You need to provide more details in terms of dates, visa issue date, expiry date, date of application etc etc if you expect any decent help from strangers on the internet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bash24
Newly Registered

Post by bash24 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:44 am

Hi,
Thanks for your contribution. As requested, please find below additional information.

Place of Birth: Abroad
Visa issue date: 3rd January 2014
Visa Expiry Date: 3rd January 2017 (Totalling 4years 1months)
Date of Application - Not applied yet as I'm not sure what to apply for
Ages: 13years and 11years

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:58 am

You really should have tried to submit an application before their visa expired or if you could not afford it, send them to family in home country before visas expired so that they do not become overstayers.

As they are over 10 years of age now, this will affect them for a while and for citizenship, they will likely fail the good character requirement.

Did HO not ask about the older two children when you applied for your wife and daughter?

All you can do is try an FLR(FP) application maybe once mother gets ILR or try FLR(M) child settlement visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bash24
Newly Registered

Post by bash24 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:59 pm

Thanks CR001 for the quick response. HO didn't ask me about the others when i applied. I will try either of the two suggestions.
Besides, do I have to fill in details of the Main applicant when filling the form for the wife SET(O) or just leave it blank and fill only the dependent column.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:00 pm

do I have to fill in details of the Main applicant when filling the form for the wife SET(O) or just leave it blank and fill only the dependent column.
Your wife is the main applicant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bash24
Newly Registered

Post by bash24 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Thanks CR001 for that but I believe she doesn't have to show evidence of salary earning if she's not working as that's not compulsory on her

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:47 pm

Correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bash24
Newly Registered

Post by bash24 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Thanks so much CR001. I have glanced through the guidance for the FLR(FP) and FLR (M) but I'm tending towards FLR(M) as FLR(P) seem to mean they have to start a 10year from the beginning. Which of this will you advice me to go for?. Do I just ask for clemency for the 1 year extension.

Thanks