ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Making corrections after submitting Online Application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rk050776
India

Tier 1 General Dependant Extension Query

Post by rk050776 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:01 pm

Dear Friends,

This Forum had been very helpful and got most accurate information all the times. I now need some information about Tier 1 Dependant Extension and request your valuable advice.

I am the Primary Tier 1 General Applicant and I got my ILR on 15th July 2016. I have recently (15/09/2017) applied for my Naturilisation and the status is Awaiting Decision from the past 2 months. All my dependants (Spouse & 2 Kids) are still on Tier 1 General Dependant visa and they are due for extension before 30th Jan 2018. Now I would like to apply for my dependants extension via Postal Service.

As I am still on ILR and waiting for Naturilsation Process to be completed, what should be the status should I mention in PBS Dependant Form? If I mention my status as ILR and if I get the Naturilastion approved before their extension is approved, how would I handle this? Would it create any problems?

I am trying to avoid same day service for my dependants as it costs nearly 1800 GBP extra for all 3 of them. I would appreciate if you could guide me on this matter.

How long does it take to get the extension done if I apply using Postal service.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 1 General Dependant Extension Query

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:14 pm

Mention ILR as that is the current status you hold. No issue.

Postal take up to 8 weeks.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rk050776
India

PBS Dependant Extension. Difference between Online and Premium Service

Post by rk050776 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:41 pm

Dear Friends,

Please can you tell me the difference between submitting Application Online and using Same Day Service? Can I submit Application Online and choose a date for Same Day Service? My dependant extension is valid until end of January 2018. How many days before should I apply if I use Same Day Service??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependant Extension. Difference between Online and Premium Service

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:53 pm

Please can you tell me the difference between submitting Application Online and using Same Day Service?
You can apply online and do postal OR apply online and do premium service.
Can I submit Application Online and choose a date for Same Day Service?
Yes.
My dependant extension is valid until end of January 2018. How many days before should I apply if I use Same Day Service??
Usually within 28 days before it expires. It will be a 3 year extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rk050776
India

Re: Tier 1 General Dependant Extension Query

Post by rk050776 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:14 pm
Mention ILR as that is the current status you hold. No issue.

Postal take up to 8 weeks.

Thanks for your answer. Things have turned differently in the last 3 days. I was about to send the Application by Post and made everything ready. In the meanwhile my Naturalisation status has been changed from "Awaiting Decision" to "Decided", which means I would get my approval letter in this week and Ceremony will be fixed soon.

At this stage would you suggest me to still continue with Postal Application or get my British Passport and apply same day service??
Only thing I am worried is I am showing ILR status in the Dependant application and if I become a British Citizen while the Postal Application is being approved, would it make any difference for the dependants??? Please advise guys....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependant Extension. Difference between Online and Premium Service

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:46 pm

I am showing ILR status in the Dependant application and if I become a British Citizen while the Postal Application is being approved, would it make any difference for the dependants???
Makes no difference. HO can see your details if they check and what you declare on the form would be correct at the time of posting.

You can add a note but it makes no difference really.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rk050776
India

Making corrections after submitting Online Application

Post by rk050776 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:59 am

Dear Friends,

After submitting the PBS dependant application online I realised, I forget to mention my Spouse's maiden name. I realised only after making the payment. Please can you guide me how to correct this? Would it have any impact on decision?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Making corrections after submitting Online Application

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:02 am

Correct by hand using black pen.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rk050776
India

Post by rk050776 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:05 am

You mean in the Application Print? Can I make corrections and send it. Just worried whether it would have any impact on decision?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:07 am

Yes.

No impact.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rk050776
India

Post by rk050776 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:11 am

Thanks CR001. You boosted my confidence. Thank you so much for your swift responses as always.