ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

extremely urgent. firm closed

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

extremely urgent. firm closed

Post by dilse4srk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:43 pm

Moderators, senior members i am in desperate need of advice please.

The firm which was dealing with my case is recently shutdown. However i have won my appeal few days before the close down. I need to know how to change my legal representative address to my home address. I dont want to miss out on any letters from home office. I want all correspondence to my home address. I rang home office and they are not aware of changing representative in appeal matters. I need to inform the department who deals with appeal that please do not send any letters to my legal rep as they are no more operational. Please adive. Home office has 5 more days to challenege the decision

bathanza

Re: extremely urgent. firm closed

Post by bathanza » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Do you have any correspondence letters from the HO via your solicitors? There should be a return address.

You should send a letter explaining the change of circumstance via special delivery. Normally, if you are going via a solicitor all paperwork, incl. the BRP is sent to them, not to you.

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Thanks a lot for ur reply. The most recent letter from home office is the refusal letter which i received last year in which i was given appeal right. Now the judge sent me allowed decision letter last week which is also sent to home office. I just want all correspondence to come to me because all im waiting now is a letter from home office that either they are seeking permission to appeal or they are going to implement the decision. I rang few solicitor and they are charging me 500 pounds just to receive a letter from home office and letting me know that here is an update from home office. Its better to have all future letters to my home address because in reality there is nothing legal left.all i need to do is send them new passport after receiving letter from them. Any idea?

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Does that include section 120 notices and removal letters?

Get sent to representatives not your home address.

Asking this during eea appeal which we had representative.

Representative didnt receive anything and neither did we during appeal pending in terms of removal letter and s120 notice. Eea appeals are non suspensive.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:05 pm

Check this out, fill out the form online or write to them.

https://visa-address-update.service.gov.uk/

08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Does home office normally posts the brp at home address or ot has to be a legal representative. Because in my case i am waiting for a letter from appeal implementation unit and since my passport is expired ao probably home office will ask me to send the new passport. And i dont want to miss out on these letters. This is why i am stressed oit. Calling home office is of no help at all. I was told since you are now in tribunal so we dont know which home office department you should contact to update address

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:00 pm

If your appeal is via old solictors that is where the BRP will go..I read a case where the person got BRP 3 months after appeal so please be calm, fill out the details on the online form with your previous expired Passport. Get your passport renewed to avoid complications. You still have time. HO will be taking your details under case ref Or your ID. Simply update them and the link I gave is what you need.

Any problems keep calling UKVI after 5 days for updates.

wethree
Newly Registered

Post by wethree » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 pm

Have you emailed the determination team?

According to them, only way to get in touch with the implementation team is via determination team.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:32 am

wethree wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 pm

According to them, only way to get in touch with the implementation team is via determination team.
Brother..where do i get email or contact details for determination team. I need to let home office know asap otherwise they might send any letters to previous solicitor.

Another general question is. Is it must to have legal rep throught the application or appeal process. I mean can i not tell home office that i do not have any rep and for all future correspondence sent me letters at my home address

wethree
Newly Registered

Post by wethree » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:26 am

Their email is

Determinations.Team@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

If you ring the determination helpline their answer phone has the email address.

They also confirmed me that they were not going to challenge the decision on my case so you can enquire that also for your case.

You don't need to have a representative.

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:38 am

wethree wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:26 am
Their email is

If you ring the determination helpline their answer phone has the email address.

They also confirmed me that they were not going to challenge the decision on my case so you can enquire that also for your case.

Brother what is the phone number for determinations team. Also let me know is there any update in ur case. Im also waiting for fee award which is not paid yet

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:21 pm

wethree wrote:
Their email is

Cant thank Allah enough that today i rang presenting officer unit and i am told that home offic is not going to challenge the decision. Also i emailed determinations team and they have fwded my request to change in correspondence to implementation unit

wethree
Newly Registered

Post by wethree » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:27 pm

Happy days brother :D

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:29 pm

dilse4srk wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:21 pm
wethree wrote:
Their email is

Cant thank Allah enough that today i rang presenting officer unit and i am told that home offic is not going to challenge the decision. Also i emailed determinations team and they have fwded my request to change in correspondence to implementation unit
Bless you and the other member for guidance. I really hope you get all matters sorted and can freely work and travel. God bless you both

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:02 pm

dilse4srk wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:21 pm
wethree wrote:
Their email is

How did you go with your case? Did you hear back?

Adaujla2
Mood:
India

Post by Adaujla2 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:39 am

wethree wrote:
Their email is

Hi everyone, my case is very similar to you guys, my appeal was allowed on 5th September and since then i havnt heard anything from ho, i emailed the determination team , its been 8 days no reply. I am trying to contact stoke on trent presenting officer and they are not even answering the phone. Is there anything i can do to know the status of my application

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:33 am

as i mentioned earlier, contact your MP.
Same thing happened with me in 2012 when home office was not giving me any response after my appeal was allowed, i contacted my mp and with in few days i received my visa with docs.
So last option is to ask your mp to write to them

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:14 am

Adaujla2 wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:39 am
wethree wrote:
Their email is

Hi everyone, my case is very similar to you guys, my appeal was allowed on 5th September and since then i havnt heard anything from ho, i emailed the determination team , its been 8 days no reply. I am trying to contact stoke on trent presenting officer and they are not even answering the phone. Is there anything i can do to know the status of my application
Just an upldate
Today i received letter from home office stating that they are going implement the decision of judge, this letter came exactly after a month when i received my appeal determination. Things are looking good now its waiting game to get visa

Adaujla2
Mood:
India

Post by Adaujla2 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:51 am

dilse4srk wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:14 am
Adaujla2 wrote:
wethree wrote:
Their email is

Just an upldate
Today i received letter from home office stating that they are going implement the decision of judge, this letter came exactly after a month when i received my appeal determination. Things are looking good now its waiting game to get visa
Hey congratulations brother, great news!! I can understand how relief you feeling. No luck from my side. I contacted my mp on monday. I dont know when he will contact me back. I am getting worried now its almost been 3 months and nothing from HO

dilse4srk
Member of Standing

Post by dilse4srk » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:34 pm

write to this address about the status of application

post decision case worker unit
HOME OFFICE
PO BOX 3468
sheffield

S3 8WA

make sure send your letter as recorder delievery, it will cost you 1.75 pounds
They will surely send you a reply

wethree
Newly Registered

Post by wethree » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:34 pm

Quick Update

Received my BRP and other documents today. Yours should not be far off.

Adaujla2
Mood:
India

Post by Adaujla2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:11 pm

Quick update

My representative received an email today stating they will implement the first tier tribunal decision. I am asked to pay my IHS which i guess was not refunded when my application was refused because i paid by my credit card. Anyways he just emailed them the ihs number and they will find out if its paid or not. Email also says that in order to grant your clients leave to remain, they need to repay their ihs.
But something sounds fishy here, my solicitor has been very greedy lately. And now he said he received an email. Howcome he never received a letter. What i am feeling is that he received the letter few days back but he kept asking me to pay him for writing ho a letter about delay of my application. Which obviously i didnt pay and told him i will contact my mp. What do you think guys

Adaujla2
Mood:
India

Post by Adaujla2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:12 pm

dilse4srk wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:14 am
Adaujla2 wrote:
wethree wrote:
Their email is

Just an upldate
Any updates ?

Adaujla2
Mood:
India

Post by Adaujla2 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:29 pm

wethree wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:26 pm

Hey,
Do you mind if i ask how long it took after you received the implementation letter

wethree
Newly Registered

Post by wethree » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:29 pm

Actually I never received the implementation letter.

All I got was a letter asking for my bank details. They put me on 10 years route which is fine with me.