ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under HSMP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alina76

ILR under HSMP

Post by alina76 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:47 pm

Hi forum,

If anyone has recently got ILR under HSMP can you please post your experiance here. Just wanted to know what type of evidence of employment are required? All p-60s? And what type of questions regarding my employment for period under HSMP I should expect. .
If I have all my p-60s do I need to take any other evidence of employment under HSMP. (I have my current employer letter but not my previous emloyer).

your help will be much appreciated.

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:02 pm

i am not sure but the policy of HO and planning is so systematic that no one till now got ILR ON HSMP.

ajani

Post by ajani » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:44 am

In response to your question. I got my ILR at Glasgow PEO yesterday under HSMP. I should state here that a lot of people probably dread the attendance of the ILR application at PEO, its probably the easiest form of application to present.
I say this going by other peoples experience posted on this forum and my own experience yesterday.
I will post details later today when am less busy.

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:13 pm

it is really good news

some of my assuptions are wrong now

others pleasse come forward with their expereince of ilr and hsmp

alina76

Post by alina76 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi Ajani,

first of all congratulations!

I would be really grateful to you if you please share your experience as I have to apply in few months time and if I need anything particular I need to arrange that.

I know the process but I was more interested in the datail of questions they asked you about your employment. In my first year I started working after few months so I am really worried what they are going to ask about that.
what documents did you provide for your 5 years emploment.
Do they check with inland revenue ?
and any other thing which you think I should be taking care of.

thanks in advance.

angkorgo99
Newly Registered

HSMP ILR Application - Waiting longer than I thought...

Post by angkorgo99 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:01 pm

Data on recent HSMP-based ILR application:

Applied by POST: 5 March 2008
Confirmation of application receipt: 7 March 2008
End of "20 Day" 70% application service standard: 4 April 2008

Confirmed application still "on process" over phone on: 2 April 2008

My application should be VERY easy and straightforward:
- Single, no dependents;
- Received original HSMP entry clearance in late 2002;
- Rceived a first 3-yr. extension in 7 working days in 2003;
- Received a second 3-yr. extension in 14 working days in 2006;
- Lots of small trips between 1-14 days, though nothing over 90 days;
- Was here over five years when submitted application;
- No response received as of today (3 April 2008), so I cannot figure out why it didn't just sail right through...

My only guess is that I took my "Life in the UK Test" (and passed) earlier in the day I sent in the application; I submitted the confirmation form that I passed the test, though maybe they're waiting to get confirmation that I, in fact, really did :-)

Maybe I'll get it back on Friday - at the end of the 20-day 70% service standard; if not, then something really, really wierd is going on :-)

Hope this helps!

flam
Newly Registered

Post by flam » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:29 pm

Hi,

Good luck with your application. Hope this comes through.

What advice would you provide in terms of documentation proving your earnings over the last 5 years. Is it P60's over the last 5 years, or maybe just typical documentation proving income earned in the last 12 months.

I have received advice ranging from just 3months payslips, to wage slips for 5 years, etc - :shock: :shock: --and this sounds unreasonable

Any information will help

thanks in advance

ajani

Post by ajani » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:44 pm

Alina76,
I Booked an appointment to process my application at Glasgow PEO for the 1st April 2008 as i was unable to get an earlier appointment at any of other PEOs.l live in Bournemouth, South West of England which is too far off from Glasgow.

I had no option but to accept to travel to Glasgow because i am desperate to travel out of UK. I had not travelled since 2006 because i had used up more than the allowed 180days absence. Travelling to glasgow to Bournemouth was not much of a pain because of the availability of Ryannair low cost travel from Bournemouth airport.

I arrived at the glasgow PEO at exactly 10.00am and it took me about 10minutes to go through the airport type security check. At exactly 10.15 the caseworker called my number. She was very friendly and requested that i pass all documents into her tray. She went through for few minutes, asked me when i was granted HSMP and cross checked this on her computer. Soon after, she asked me if i had my daughters application with me so that she can approve both.

When i made the appointment, i also made a separate one for my daughter, because she was over 18 and had to make a separate application. However, on the eve of journey to glasgow she told me she was not keen on going and that we should send her own application by post.

So apart from asking the date i was granted HSMP, the only other question i was asked was about my daughters application. I explained to her that i will send it by post and she advised i do so soon.

The interesting thing about this is that all this while, i had not even made the payment, after this discussion she gave me back my application and documents with the inscription 'ILR GRANTED' on the application and advised that i proceed to the cashier to pay.

After making the payment, i was directed to another lady who took photocopies of my documents and asked me to wait to collect our passports. At exactly 12.05 the passports were ready with the visas. To give an indication of how less busy they were, i submitted 6 passports for myself, wife and 4 children, yet all were ready by 12.05.

Documents submitted

Certificate of Incorporation.
Business Bank account.
Personal Bank account.
Letter from my accountant stating accounts not yet prepared.
Life in UK test results for myself and wife.

I had some payslips and p60s from previous employment with me but actually forgot to submit them as they were in a separate folder and she did not ask for them.

I am now travelling out on monday and fully utilise the 90days allowance before making the Naturalisation application next year. Hope this helps.

alina76

Post by alina76 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi Ajani,

Your post has made me feel better. Just to ask that did you submit Personal and business bank account statement for last 6 months or last 3 months. ?

I think that I should be ok with 4 years p-60s.

thanks for your help .

kariarxy

Post by kariarxy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:11 pm

ajani wrote:Alina76,
I Booked an appointment to process my application at Glasgow PEO for the 1st April 2008 as i was unable to get an earlier appointment at any of other PEOs.l live in Bournemouth, South West of England which is too far off from Glasgow.

I had no option but to accept to travel to Glasgow because i am desperate to travel out of UK. I had not travelled since 2006 because i had used up more than the allowed 180days absence. Travelling to glasgow to Bournemouth was not much of a pain because of the availability of Ryannair low cost travel from Bournemouth airport.

I arrived at the glasgow PEO at exactly 10.00am and it took me about 10minutes to go through the airport type security check. At exactly 10.15 the caseworker called my number. She was very friendly and requested that i pass all documents into her tray. She went through for few minutes, asked me when i was granted HSMP and cross checked this on her computer. Soon after, she asked me if i had my daughters application with me so that she can approve both.

When i made the appointment, i also made a separate one for my daughter, because she was over 18 and had to make a separate application. However, on the eve of journey to glasgow she told me she was not keen on going and that we should send her own application by post.

So apart from asking the date i was granted HSMP, the only other question i was asked was about my daughters application. I explained to her that i will send it by post and she advised i do so soon.

The interesting thing about this is that all this while, i had not even made the payment, after this discussion she gave me back my application and documents with the inscription 'ILR GRANTED' on the application and advised that i proceed to the cashier to pay.

After making the payment, i was directed to another lady who took photocopies of my documents and asked me to wait to collect our passports. At exactly 12.05 the passports were ready with the visas. To give an indication of how less busy they were, i submitted 6 passports for myself, wife and 4 children, yet all were ready by 12.05.

Documents submitted

Certificate of Incorporation.
Business Bank account.
Personal Bank account.
Letter from my accountant stating accounts not yet prepared.
Life in UK test results for myself and wife.

I had some payslips and p60s from previous employment with me but actually forgot to submit them as they were in a separate folder and she did not ask for them.

I am now travelling out on monday and fully utilise the 90days allowance before making the Naturalisation application next year. Hope this helps.
ajani, congratulations!
Do you mind telling me how many days of absences do you have? As I have 243 days absences and in similar condition as you. Has the casework asked any question about absence? Or did you calculate the absence for you? Is there any business trip included in your absences? If so, do you need to provide any company letter to explain the absences?

Sorry for so many questions, as I am going to apply for ILR in July, but dont know if I should go for it due to the excessive absences. I have 81 days absences for business trip.

Look forward to your response.

angkorgo99
Newly Registered

Received ILR on HSMP - Final timeline & documentation

Post by angkorgo99 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:20 am

Further to my post above, I just received my passport back with my ILR endorsement

TIMELINE

Data on my HSMP-based ILR application:

Applied by POST: 5 March 2008
Confirmation of application receipt: 7 March 2008
IRL endorsed as of: 28 March 2008
Received passport back morning of 3 April 2008
(End of "20 Day" 70% application service standard: 4 April 2008)

As I shared above, my case was quite straightforward, so the upshot is that the home office will likely use up all its allotted time to meet its 70% service standard (including postal time).

DOCUMENTATION

Included work contracts covering all my time in the UK, P60 from last two tax years, oiriginal bank statement (i.e., not copied from the internet), and original statement detailing investments (stocks and mutual funds).

Oh - and dare I forget - confirmation sheet that I passed my "Life in the UK" test :-)

Hope this helps!

alina76

Post by alina76 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:02 am

Congratulations!

I will ask you the same question that have you provided them with the last 6 months bank statements of your personal and investment accounts or last 3 months?

Thanks

angkorgo99
Newly Registered

Bank statements

Post by angkorgo99 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:28 am

In answer to your query, I enclosed official statements (of bank account and investments) which were dated 31 December 2007 -- as I only get the official statements once annually (i.e., a little over three months from the date I applied).

In my cover letter I referenced the current balances which I had checked on-line (as of the date of my application) and shared that I could easily get updated statements, as needed. The amounts were only higher, however, so probably they just trusted that I was still okay and could support myself (which was a very true assumption)!

Hope this helps!

alina76

Post by alina76 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:44 am

Thanks for your reply.

It seems that 6 months bank statements are not hard and fast rule. So one can give 3 months statements aswell.

ethan

case different

Post by ethan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:58 am

Dear All,

congratulation on your ILR applicaiton. However both of you has applied the extension after 4 years. But according to the rules, HSMP could apply ILR after 4 years. HOwever, now the rule change to 5 years. So it make us so difficult to apply, which means i need to apply for extension under tier 1 now. It is really unfair for us including those has been awared ILR. How we can do now? extending or applying ILR? If HO just postpne the solution till Dec. 2008, which means nearly everyone has to extend under tier1. Is it? HO is bloody two faces like vemper. Just want to take benefit from us. How much money they got from us and use for those their citizen.

THe question is now how we can do?!