ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI application with change in name

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jamesjosephp
Mood:

OCI application with change in name

Post by jamesjosephp » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:28 pm

Hi,

I was recently naturalised as a British citizen, applied for a British passport and also obtained a Indian passport surrender certificate. The names across previous and current passports, and my naturalisation certificate are the same. I then prepared a deed poll to make a change to my surname and added a middle name. Using the deed poll I got my British passport re-issued with the new name, UK driving license changed , bank records updated etc. The confusion I have now is regarding the supporting document I should supply to apply for an OCI application. It's my first OCI application and I would like the new name applied to it rather than the previous one. I am hoping someone in this has some idea as to how I can get this done?

Thanks in advance.

James.

jamesjosephp
Mood:

Re: OCI application with change in name

Post by jamesjosephp » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:29 am

I managed to get things sorted. Thanks all.

James.

elvampiro

Post by elvampiro » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:30 am

It would be helpful if you can post what process you underwent/challenges faced.
Was the deed poll alone enough, did the HCI need anything else?

jamesjosephp
Mood:

Post by jamesjosephp » Tue May 09, 2017 10:55 am

Hi elvampiro,

In the OCI application form fill in your new name and previous name. Along with all the main documents for your OCI application, you also need to supply a copy of your deed poll attested by a solicitor. I got mine done by a solicitor in Eastham, London for a tenner. In about 45 days, you will receive your OCI card with your new name. There were no problems in my case. Hope things go smooth for you as well.

James.

elvampiro

Post by elvampiro » Tue May 09, 2017 11:42 am

Fab, thanks!

Imihelp111
Newly Registered
India

Post by Imihelp111 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:20 am

Hi James,

Thank you for the very helpful post.
I may have to go though the similar process to change my surname on British passport after naturalisation.
I was thinking to change the surname oN Indian passport first but you saved me a lot of pain.
Thank you again.

Best regards,
AJ :)