ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant extension or under FLR(M)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

anil682003
Newly Registered

PBS dependant extension or under FLR(M)

Post by anil682003 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:23 pm

Hello,

My Wife got her first UK tier 1 general dependent visa on 06/05/2013 , she entered UK on 24/07/2013.
Both my/wife's current UK visa is valid till 14/03/2018.

I will be completing my five year leave period on 31/03/2018 and will be eligible for applying for ILR only after 03/03/2018.

My visa category changes to ILR . So can i apply Tier 1 General Dependant ext for my wife or should i apply for FLR(M) for my wife.

Can we also apply for our respective visas on the same day ( say , 05/03/2018) even if it is different category and should i get my ILR extension first and then submit my wife's Visa.

Thanks & Kind Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependant extension or under FLR(M)

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:36 pm

My visa category changes to ILR . So can i apply Tier 1 General Dependant ext for my wife or should i apply for FLR(M) for my wife.
She can apply for a Tier 1 Dependent extension. It will be a 3 year visa. You will need to pay the IHS of £600 PLUS the visa fee and show evidence of fund maintenance for 90 days.
Can we also apply for our respective visas on the same day ( say , 05/03/2018) even if it is different category and should i get my ILR extension first and then submit my wife's Visa.
You can apply on the same day, but two separate appointments, wifes' appointment a couple of hours after yours. If your ILR is held for further checks or is refused, her application will also fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anil682003
Newly Registered

Post by anil682003 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:58 pm

Thanks CR001 for the prompt/quick reply and it is really helpful , really appreciate it:)
I have two more questions :

1) Once my wife is granted Tier 1 Dependent extension visa for three years , she will be completing her 5 year leave on 25 / 07 / 2018 , at that point can she still apply for ILR ( No ILR after April 2018 ) , if yes/no in winter case Could you please help me understand what are the next steps for her British Citizen

2) I was checking the below PBS dependent form ,
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04-17.pdf
can you please advice how do we go about filling Section M , as I will be no more applying my visa under Tier 1 G category
Ex :
M2; Under which category of the Points Based System is the main applicant applying?
Tier 1 (General) - go to M6
Tier 1 (Entrepreneurs) - go to M7
Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) - go to M10
Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) - go to Section N
Tier 1 (Investors) - go to Section N
Tier 1 (Post Study Work) - go to M7
Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) - All categories - go to Section M11

Thanks and Kind Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:18 pm

1) Once my wife is granted Tier 1 Dependent extension visa for three years , she will be completing her 5 year leave on 25 / 07 / 2018 , at that point can she still apply for ILR ( No ILR after April 2018 ) , if yes/no in winter case Could you please help me understand what are the next steps for her British Citizen
Yes. She will be required to wait 12 months on ILR before she qualifies for Citizenship. If your ILR fails, any of her applications will fail (extension and ILR).
2) I was checking the below PBS dependent form ,
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -04-17.pdf
can you please advice how do we go about filling Section M , as I will be no more applying my visa under Tier 1 G category
Ex :
M2; Under which category of the Points Based System is the main applicant applying?
Tier 1 (General) - go to M6
Tier 1 (Entrepreneurs) - go to M7
Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) - go to M10
Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) - go to Section N
Tier 1 (Investors) - go to Section N
Tier 1 (Post Study Work) - go to M7
Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) - All categories - go to Section M11
I cannot answer this as I don't know.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

anil682003
Newly Registered

Post by anil682003 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:27 pm

Thanks again CR001 for your quick/prompt Reply:)