ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going abroad just 10-15 days before visa expiry (on hsmp)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

farazfastian

Going abroad just 10-15 days before visa expiry (on hsmp)

Post by farazfastian » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:50 pm

Hello everyone,

My visa which is under hsmp is going to expire on 13 June but i'm planning to visit my family back in Pakistan in the end of May and most probably i'll be back before 10th June and then i'll apply for the extension under Tier-1 i.e. before 3-4 days before my visa expiry.

Now my question is on the airport will there be any problem in immigration becuase there'll be just 3-4 days left in my visa expiry, can they create any issue on this? Any advice/recommendation?

Thanks
Faraz

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:02 pm

Get your extension before you travel, you will not be allowed back.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:30 am

Papafaith wrote:Get your extension before you travel, you will not be allowed back.
Rubbish, course he will he is presenting a valid visa.
Explain to us on what ground/s he will be refused entry.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:49 am

YES 99 % chances for problems

uless it is very urjent than go

even they stoping / questioning dependent spouse when they r arriving after a long gap

baskey

Re: Going abroad just 10-15 days before visa expiry (on hsmp

Post by baskey » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:25 am

farazfastian wrote:Hello everyone,

My visa which is under hsmp is going to expire on 13 June but i'm planning to visit my family back in Pakistan in the end of May and most probably i'll be back before 10th June and then i'll apply for the extension under Tier-1 i.e. before 3-4 days before my visa expiry.

Now my question is on the airport will there be any problem in immigration becuase there'll be just 3-4 days left in my visa expiry, can they create any issue on this? Any advice/recommendation?

Thanks
Faraz
The best bet would be to extend early or even now and then go for holidays. Atleast you will have peace of mind.. I applied 4 months before my visa expiry for the same reasons and got approved.

Regards,

B

anjali_devi

no no please enter....

Post by anjali_devi » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:42 am

I have gained entry in the past with just 2 days left on my HSMP visa.
Make sure you have your employers letter that validates your current employment, then it should not be a problem.

aboudi

Post by aboudi » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:03 pm

From my friends personal experiance but maybe slightly differnet situation, back in 2000 he entered the UK on the last day of his visa (just 12 hours before it expired ie midnight) armed with an offer letter for a postgrad course he got an extension at the airport.

Papafaith
Member of Standing

Post by Papafaith » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:19 pm

INSIDER, it sparks of arrogance when you use the term rubbish for someone trying to help, you can make your contribution without being rude and arrogant, that is why i stopped posting on this forum.
Let him travel if he wants, it is his decision, were are only contributing to reduce problems as much as possible.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.