ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent residency

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dyana Bittar
Newly Registered

Permanent residency

Post by Dyana Bittar » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:38 am

Hello All

I live in Uk under Spouse visa of EEA member for 10 years now. in July i applied for Permanent Residency with bio-metrics. i received a letter and went to do the bio-metrics but i don't have an answer yet and my visa expired.
I have an holiday booked for abroad in the end of this month.
Can someone advise me if i can go using the letter or not??

Kind regards

GMB
United States of America

Re: Permanent residency

Post by GMB » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:34 am

Yes, you can legally leave and re-enter the UK in your circumstances. I did it myself while I was waiting to receive my PR card, but the HO had my RC as part of the application (only difference: my RC wasn't expired at the time). Bring with you the Letter of Application if you have one by then, a copy of your EEA sponsor's passport or national ID card (if they are not traveling with you), a copy of their PR card if they have one (and if not traveling with you), or if they don't have a PR card, then proof they are working in the UK (last few payslips). If you have a copy of your expired EEA residence card, then bring that as well. They may give you a hassle, and may tut-tut a lot, but para.11(4) of the EEA Immigration Rules says they have to let you into the country as long as you can prove your status as an EEA family member.

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:30 am

To add to GMB's reply, the critical issue is how to get to the UK border. If you are a visa national, you will need a family permit or an RC unless you can get to the juxtaposed immigration controls in France or Belgium. If you are not a visa national, then you can even fly back to the UK and present your documents to the immigration Officer.

GMB
United States of America

Post by GMB » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:30 am

Thanks for that addition Richard. It sometimes slips my mind as I'm a non-visa national.