ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU and non EU partner marriage

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ayikaz1984
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hungary

EU and non EU partner marriage

Post by Ayikaz1984 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:55 am

Hi, I am extremely scared and desperate, could someone give advice please or wasin a similar situation?

Im an EU citizen my partner is from India. He came here on student visa 5 years ago which expired just when we filed our first application to the HO.

We have been together since 03/2016, living together since 07/2016.
Eu family member residency card application refused multiple times, saying our relationship is not durable although we provided them withloads of evidence (photos, receipts etc).

We asked the HO to send his passport back so that we can get married, which they did.

I know the registry office has to notify the HO about our intention and I am scared to death.

Wont the HO put him in a detention centre or put an obstacle to our marriage? Our plan is to give notice at the registrar showing hos passport and then send a fresh application to the HO quick.

Thank you for all the input!!!!

Casa

Re: EU and non EU partner marriage

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:02 am

Ayikaz1984 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:55 am
Hi, I am extremely scared and desperate, could someone give advice please or wasin a similar situation?

Im an EU citizen my partner is from India. He came here on student visa 5 years ago which expired just when we filed our first application to the HO.

We have been together since 03/2016, living together since 07/2016.
Eu family member residency card application refused multiple times, saying our relationship is not durable although we provided them withloads of evidence (photos, receipts etc). With less than 2 years co-habitation photos, receipts etc are unlikely to be accepted as proof of a relationship 'akin to marriage' (durable) as you've already discovered (multiple times).

We asked the HO to send his passport back so that we can get married, which they did.

I know the registry office has to notify the HO about our intention and I am scared to death.

Wont the HO put him in a detention centre or put an obstacle to our marriage? Our plan is to give notice at the registrar showing hos passport and then send a fresh application to the HO quick. What application do you intend to submit? See my comment above. You won't be able to submit an application as a married couple if the marriage hasn't taken place. :idea:

Thank you for all the input!!!!
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ayikaz1984
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hungary

Post by Ayikaz1984 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Thanks for the reply!

So we better keep applying until the 2 years have been reached and then try getting married.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:24 pm

You can't continue to constantly repeat the same application without any additional evidence to support this. You can be refused in the future due to the submission of 'frivolous and vexatious' applications. In other words, applications which are submitted purely in an attempt to buy time.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ayikaz1984
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hungary

Post by Ayikaz1984 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:04 pm

Thabks for the reply. I willadd more and more evidence to strengthen the case and prove our relationship is durable and genuine (eg photos)

Ayikaz1984
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hungary

Post by Ayikaz1984 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Its only a few months left until the 2 years