ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 general - Travelling outside UK inbetween jobs

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mental4vray
Mood:
India

Tier 2 general - Travelling outside UK inbetween jobs

Post by mental4vray » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:31 pm

Hi,

I am currently serving my notice period at my current company till 26th of January and I will be joining my new company on 12th of February. I already have a new Tier 2 General with the new employer (start date in the CoS is from 11th Feb 2018)

I was wondering if it will be ok to travel outside UK during the 2 week gap I have inbetween jobs. Will there be any issues with immigration when I return, and more importantly does this reset my continuous period in UK as I am leaving the country after I quit my current job.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks!

junnu123
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 general - Travelling outside UK inbetween jobs

Post by junnu123 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:27 pm

Regarding your notice period, are you legally allowed to work for your old employer once your new visa with a different sponsor has been issued?

Akorotaeva

Re: Tier 2 general - Travelling outside UK inbetween jobs

Post by Akorotaeva » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:30 pm

You should be fine, but to be safe carry a printout of the CoS with the new start date if possible.

Yes the OP can legally work the notice period out and start the new job according to the CoS start date.