ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Premium service for IlR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Emmarush
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Premium service for IlR

Post by Emmarush » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi, i have been granted discretionary leave after refusal of asylum. Its been 6 years and i need to apply for ILR. Im wondering am i allowed to use premium service??

Ukba doesnt give me detailed information when i called them 2 people said now u cant apply via premium sevice and 1 said yes you can. Can anyone help me please. Thanks

CMOSUK
Mood:

Re: Premium service for IlR

Post by CMOSUK » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:11 pm

Emmarush wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:15 pm
Hi, i have been granted discretionary leave after refusal of asylum. Its been 6 years and i need to apply for ILR. Im wondering am i allowed to use premium service??

Ukba doesnt give me detailed information when i called them 2 people said now u cant apply via premium sevice and 1 said yes you can. Can anyone help me please. Thanks
Hi,

My understanding is, you would use form FLR (DL).

This is a postal application only. Some members have used form SET(O) and the premium service, some have had it granted, some have had their application deferred for further checks. It is always recommended to use thr correct form according to your leave to renain granted.

Also, UKBA helpline has been known to give out incorrect advice and are not trained to give out immigration advice.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

Alz3eem2002
inactive
United Arab Emirates

Post by Alz3eem2002 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 am

Hi,

I have the same case as you and granted dlr 3 years x2 after a failed asylum claim. got my first dlr in august 2011.

Applied through set o postal and then after four months I went fed up and applied for premium service where it gets looked at and then decision sent to my representative instead of going for a meeting. Got accepted for premium service and now awaiting decision.

Some say use FLR some say use SET O.

I can only say that you have the same case as me and after reading the forum responses I could literally say you can use Set O. At the end if they accepted mine, why would they not accept yours

krisbol17
Wales

Post by krisbol17 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:55 pm

100% with what CMOS has posted. You use FLR(DL) if you were refused asylum and given DL instead. Anything else such as using SET (O) runs a risk. Some members of the forum have been lucky using SET(O) premium services, some haven't. I'd be on the safe side of using FLR(DL), at least that way there is zero risk that your application is invalid due to using the wrong form! Just because some UKVI staff are incompetent doesn't mean you should risk your application. It clearly states on UKVI website what form to use!