ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Declaring PCNs when you weren't the driver

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pluton
Newly Registered
Yemen

Declaring PCNs when you weren't the driver

Post by pluton » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:55 pm

Hey all,

I just had a quick concern regarding Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs).

My wife, when driving our vehicle, drove on a bus lane twice in the span of a couple of weeks. We only realized this when we received 2 Penalty Charge Notices for this a few weeks later. This was the same bus lane both times. Needless to say we now know and won't be doing this again.

Even though she was driving, since I am the registered keeper, the PCN was charged to me. We have paid off both these PCNs within 14 days of them being issued.

We are both going to be applying for ILR and Citizenship soon.

We have 2 questions:
1) On whose ILR/Citizenship application should we declare the PCNs to? If both, then which application do we send the original PCN to? We will be applying separately but around the same time, so can only send the original PCN to one application and a photocopy to the other.
2) How likely are these PCNs going to affect both our ILR and Citizenship applications?

Thanks in advance!

baddy

Re: Declaring PCNs when you weren't the driver

Post by baddy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:05 pm

pluton wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:55 pm
Hey all,

I just had a quick concern regarding Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs).

My wife, when driving our vehicle, drove on a bus lane twice in the span of a couple of weeks. We only realized this when we received 2 Penalty Charge Notices for this a few weeks later. This was the same bus lane both times. Needless to say we now know and won't be doing this again.

Even though she was driving, since I am the registered keeper, the PCN was charged to me. We have paid off both these PCNs within 14 days of them being issued.

We are both going to be applying for ILR and Citizenship soon.

We have 2 questions:
1) On whose ILR/Citizenship application should we declare the PCNs to? If both, then which application do we send the original PCN to? We will be applying separately but around the same time, so can only send the original PCN to one application and a photocopy to the other.
2) How likely are these PCNs going to affect both our ILR and Citizenship applications?

Thanks in advance!
Since you have paid the PCN on time, you dont need to declare it. There is no admission of guilt so dont bother yourself.

pluton
Newly Registered
Yemen

Re: Declaring PCNs when you weren't the driver

Post by pluton » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:10 pm

baddy wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:05 pm
Since you have paid the PCN on time, you dont need to declare it. There is no admission of guilt so dont bother yourself.
Hey baddy, thanks for the reply.

On the Citizenship form it says:
Fixed Penalty Notices (such as speeding or parking tickets) do not form part of a person’s
criminal record and will not be considered in the caseworker’s assessment of character unless:
• the person has failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or
• the person has received numerous fixed penalty notices.

If extreme cases of these notices CAN be used as evidence against "Good Character Requirement", surely I should declare them?

On the FAQ it was mentioned that "There is no specific requirement to declare a PCN". BUT, "(PCN/PND) may be considered as a FPN for the purpose of ‘Good Character’", and if "PCNs/PNDs are numerous" (we got 2) it might count. Which is why my original feeling was I should still declare it?

Also, could you explain what you mean by no admission of guilt? Meaning that they won't ever bother asking who actually drove during the incidents?