ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependent - Right to Work

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

haisure
Newly Registered
India

Tier 4 dependent - Right to Work

Post by haisure » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:43 am

Hi - Am currently in a Tier 2 ICT dependent visa which is valid until Oct 2018 and planned to switch to Tier 4 student visa from my home country for a course starting this Sep 2018 in UK, the course which am planning to take is a 12 month course in a UK officially recognised university.

am aware my husband & son will be able to apply for Tier 4 dependent within the UK after i return back to UK with a valid Tier 4 general visa, in this scenario please could you clarify the below questions alone,

1. Since am joining 12 months course in a officially recognised university here in UK and According to RIGHT TO WORK in UK, my dependent will be eligible to work as Tier 4 dependent, but after visa switch as Tier 4 dependent is it legal for my dependent to continue work in the same organization where he was working earlier (in ICT staff visa earlier to work in UK b/w Oct 2013 - Oct 2018)

2. assuming if my husbands organisation & HR approving to continue work in Tier 4 dependent visa, did he need to notify HMRC and if yes what document should he need to submit

Thanks in advance.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 dependent - Right to Work

Post by sah10406 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:34 pm

haisure wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:43 am
1. Since am joining 12 months course in a officially recognised university here in UK and According to RIGHT TO WORK in UK, my dependent will be eligible to work as Tier 4 dependent, but after visa switch as Tier 4 dependent is it legal for my dependent to continue work in the same organization where he was working earlier (in ICT staff visa earlier to work in UK b/w Oct 2013 - Oct 2018)
Yes.
haisure wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:43 am
2. assuming if my husbands organisation & HR approving to continue work in Tier 4 dependent visa, did he need to notify HMRC and if yes what document should he need to submit
No.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

haisure
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 4 dependent - Right to Work

Post by haisure » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Thanks for your response..!!