ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa Requirements

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

krisv

Visitor Visa Rejected

Post by krisv » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:53 pm

Hello All,
My Mother in Law's visitor visa application was rejected. We had applied for 6 months and all the costs would have be borne by us.

My mother in law is widowed, a housewife and is dependant upon my wife and her sister for living expenses and has no income from other sources.

The reasons:

1. No information on who supports her and whether they are able to do so
2. Provide any information on income, properties or assets in her name.
3. Not satisfied that there is sufficiently strong ties to India.

We can provide the property document, but she doesnt live at the property and is living in a rented accomodation. We are unable to provide information on income.

Can you please let me know what more is necessary and whether you have been able to obtain visitor visa without showing income (P.S. We did provide bank statements).

Your help is much appreciated.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Visitor Visa Rejected

Post by Wanderer » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:54 am

Find provable reasons to return and ask for a few weeks not a six months. As it stand it looks like a prime example of effectively living in UK and show a high chance of no return.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:14 am

Unfortunately the fact that you and your sister are supporting your mother weakens her application considerably. In addition to strong ties to her home country, your mother is required to show that she is financially self-sufficient, i.e not reliant on family in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

krisv

Post by krisv » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:22 pm

Thank you for your replies.

We are going to re-apply again by providing property documents in her name.

A quick question, does the property documents need to be originals or can we submit photocopies.

We are a bit apprehensive to submit originals in case they are lost by VFS.

krisv

Visitor Visa Requirements

Post by krisv » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:10 pm

Hi all,

My mother in law's application for visitor visa has been rejected 2 times. We would like to know how we can make a successul application. Your experience and knowledge would be helpful for us.

My mother in law's circumstances are:

1. Widowed and living alone, does not receive any pension.
2. Both children (daughters) are taking care of her financially.
3. Has a property in India.
4. No significant savings in the bank.

On both applications, we mentioned that we would be fully sponsoring her and all expenses would be taken care of by myself and my wife.

The reasons for rejection:

1. Rejected under part V4.2 of immigration rules.
2. Not demonstrated any significant fixed ties to India that would merit her return. (we have provided property document)
3. Dependent on money transfers from family members in the UK
4. Not satisfied that she is seeking entry only for a limited time.
5. Widowed and not demonstrated any immediate family members in India (despite mentioning that the elder daughter stays in India).

My queries are:

1. It is not possible for everyone to have a pension. In my mother in law's case, her husband was running a business and she was a house wife. She exhausted her savings in putting her daughters through education and wedding and hence the reason her daughters are supporting her financially now.

2. She lives in a rented property, however she owns property which is evidence of strong tie to return to India.

3. When we have mentioned thet we were sponsoring all the expenses for her visit, why is her personal financial situation under scrutiny.

4. Has anyone written to their MP to receive support / undertaking for your relative's application and have you been successful in obtaining the visa?

5. Is there any way a financial bond could be provided, which we would forfeit if she doesn't return to home country before expiry of her visa?

Any response to my queries would be helpful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 am

Casa wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:14 am
Unfortunately the fact that you and your sister are supporting your mother weakens her application considerably. In addition to strong ties to her home country, your mother is required to show that she is financially self-sufficient, i.e not reliant on family in the UK.
Topics merged. Unfortunately, Casa already provided advice last year on how being financially supported by you weakens her case.

Property documents are not sufficient to show ties. She needs to provide substantial evidence of savings, income, property, family ties, social ties, etc etc.
5. Is there any way a financial bond could be provided, which we would forfeit if she doesn't return to home country before expiry of her visa?
No there is not.

Due to years of abuse of the visitor visa and applicants simply staying and not leaving or overstaying or staying longer than stated, it is now more difficult to get them, especially for elderly parents.

There is still abuse, with travelers arriving in the UK and then deciding to stay and submitting an FLR(FP) application, which invariably is refused as is evidence and posted by many members on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:35 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:52 am
Due to years of abuse of the visitor visa and applicants simply staying and not leaving or overstaying or staying longer than stated, it is now more difficult to get them, especially for elderly parents.

There is still abuse, with travelers arriving in the UK and then deciding to stay and submitting an FLR(FP) application, which invariably is refused as is evidence and posted by many members on the forum.
It's interesting that the Home Office didn't hold the information on how many visitors overstay.

Perhaps, as with student overstayers, the reality may be much less than the overestimates?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.