ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 dependent visa delay

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Azimo
Newly Registered

tier 4 dependent visa

Post by Azimo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:55 am

Hi – My spouse is currently doing her MBA in UK and she is on tier 4 general visa. Her visa is valid till Sep 2019.

I am currently in UK and on Tier 2 ICT visa and my son is on ICT tier 2 ICT dependent visa and our visa is till June 2018. We have applied through general mail post for tier 4 dependent visa so that we can stay with her during her course tenure.

Below are my questions -

• I am assuming it’s not too early for me ( I have applied on 1st Feb 2018) to apply for dependent visa when my current visa is ending in June 2018. I just wanted to ensure I have enough time in hand and do not struggle in last minute.

• Its been two weeks now since I have sent all document for visa through special courier and it also has my biometric completion document), however I have not got any acknowledgement that they have received my documents are in mid of processing visa. My question is that do they send any acknowledgement and how many days it takes? On the basis of experience what’s the overall timelines visa team takes to process visa ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: tier 4 dependent visa

Post by sah10406 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:26 am

Your wife's university should have an international student adviser whose job it is to give free professional immigration advice sponsored students and their dependants on immigration applications. I recommend you get advice from them.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Azimo
Newly Registered

Post by Azimo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:14 pm

Hi - I have checked with the university team, however, they have got no answer re when we apply for tier 4 dependent visa through standard postal service, how long visa office takes to acknowledge that they have received the document and they have started processing.

I am worried if UK visa have even received my document or not for processing? Can you please advise if uk visa send any acknowledgement mail or letter and in how many days they sent it ?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:37 am

Azimo wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:14 pm
I am worried if UK visa have even received my document or not for processing? Can you please advise if uk visa send any acknowledgement mail or letter and in how many days they sent it ?
The courier you used can confirm that your documents were received and signed for. Normally you will automatically get such a notification from the courier themselves.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Azimo
Newly Registered

Tier 4 dependent visa delay

Post by Azimo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi - My spouse is on tier 4 student visa and her visa is till Sep 2019. I have applied for tier 4 dependent visa along with my child from UK and have sent all document through special royal mail through standard process. Its been 7 weeks now and i have got no response / no communication from UKVA yet.

I believe i have provided all required documents and i have got very good track record in UK

How long they take to process the visa ? Should i be worried as i know Feb / March period is pretty lean for UKVA and they should not be having lot in their queue for visa processesing