ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR + Dependent with claiming benefits

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shah_khan
Newly Registered
India

ILR + Dependent with claiming benefits

Post by shah_khan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:16 pm

My Partner as Tier1 (General) PBS -Dependent 5 year Rout Completed ,

as initial visa was issued from November-2012 until Dec-2014,

extension Done in june -2015 valid until June - 2018

Now she is due for ILR in January-2018.

main Applicant it's me, I Got the ILR in -2015, and got British Passport in 2016,
got 3 kidz all got british passport already.

My questions are : My wife Visa Tier1 (General) PBS- Dependent visa - shows no Recourse to public fund,
but the Benefits I am Claiming all those shows our both names Me and my Dependent (Wife) on the Benefits Letter except the Child Benefits.

1-Child Tax Credit
2-working Tax credit,
3-Housing Benefits
4- Council Tax Reduction,
All these Benefits Letters i received shows the of my Wife (Tier 1- PBS Dependent) and myself British citizen.

i was Trying to fill the Set-M form and gone through those question regarding Public funds, i got stuck here that the Dependent with no Recourse to public fund can not get these Benefits,
I have seen few posts on immigration board regarding benefits, which shows that child benefits should on the parent with ILR and Child tax credit should be on joint claim so its not problem with these benefits, but the Housing benefits and council tax Reduction is problem, i am claiming these benefits from last 2.5 years,
what is your suggestion in this regard, should call the Housing benefits department and cancel housing benefits and repay all that amount i have taken so for,
Or should tell what is my Dependent-(Wife) Entitlement was in this claim that amount i would like to repay as her visa shows clearly she has no right to get public funds.

Please guys i am helpless is there anyone could help with my question , i will very grateful

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR + Dependent with claiming benefits

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:30 am

It is not necessary to spam the forum with the same post about ILR.

Please continue in your existing topic.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier1-depend ... l#p1599651
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.