ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confused - What dependent visa should I apply ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samkumar2018
Newly Registered
India

Confused - What dependent visa should I apply ?

Post by samkumar2018 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Dear forum members,
Many thanks in advance for your replies for my queries.

Summary:
I am in ILR now ( Tier -1 PBS route extended twice and based on 6 years stay ) .
My wife initially joined me during Mar 2012 and stayed till Aug 2012 and left UK due to personal circumstances. Then again I applied PBS dependent visa for my wife and my son during march 2015.
so Again she entered UK and now for the last close to 3 years she is in UK ( along with my son) .

My question is : What type of Visa I should apply for her stay extension.
- As I am in ILR do i need to apply dependent ILR visa for my wife and son ( in that case, will their clock starts newly)?
- Do I need to apply PBS dependent Visa ? ( if so, could you please share the application link etc as I am confused with GOV website:().
_ is there something like ILF(M) visa etc. to be applied?
- how long HO will grant their visa ( in 2015 they were given 3 years until my tier 1 validity)
- Will they be eligible for ILR by any chance if they continue their stay for 2 more years ( to make in total 5)
- Do i need to pay health surcharge fees though they are applying second time extension etc?

Lastly , as my wife's intial entry is before April 2012, can she apply ILR ( based on 2 years rule) - inspite of she took break for more years and came back only on May 2015.

I am really indebted to thank you for your valuable inputs.

Sam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Confused - What dependent visa should I apply ?

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 pm

- As I am in ILR do i need to apply dependent ILR visa for my wife and son ( in that case, will their clock starts newly)?
FLR((M) will reset the clock.
- Do I need to apply PBS dependent Visa ? ( if so, could you please share the application link etc as I am confused with GOV website:().
Yes. See link below, the rules permit PBS extension provided you got ILR base on 5 years PBS route.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html
No, there is no such form. It is FLR(M) which will reset the clock to zero and a new 5 year route (2 x 2.5 year visas) before they will qualify for ILR.
- how long HO will grant their visa ( in 2015 they were given 3 years until my tier 1 validity)

PBS Dependent extension will be for 3 years.
- Will they be eligible for ILR by any chance if they continue their stay for 2 more years ( to make in total 5)
Once they have 5 years residence they can apply for ILR.
- Do i need to pay health surcharge fees though they are applying second time extension etc?
Yes, £600 per applicant.
Lastly , as my wife's intial entry is before April 2012, can she apply ILR ( based on 2 years rule) - inspite of she took break for more years and came back only on May 2015.
No she cannot as she applied for a new entry clearance in 2015 which put her on the new 5 year route.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samkumar2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by samkumar2018 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:52 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 pm
Yes. See link below, the rules permit PBS extension provided you got ILR base on 5 years PBS route.

No, there is no such form. It is FLR(M) which will reset the clock to zero and a new 5 year route (2 x 2.5 year visas) before they will qualify for ILR.

Yes, £600 per applicant.
No she cannot as she applied for a new entry clearance in 2015 which put her on the new 5 year route.
Many thanks CR001..as usual instant valuable replies...hats off..thanks a lot

samkumar2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by samkumar2018 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:14 pm

samkumar2018 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:52 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:20 pm

Yes, £600 per applicant.
Many thanks CR001..as usual instant valuable replies...hats off..thanks a lot
Sorry to ask this again , CR001

Could you please share the GOV site online/paper based application link ..so that I can start the process..
sorry..there is so many links in GOV site...so not sure which one is PBS dep extenstion route ( with ILR main applicant)
Also I am trying to book premium same day service ...

Many thanks for the great help again

Sam

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:21 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

samkumar2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by samkumar2018 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:21 pm

vinny wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:21 pm
2. Family members.
Many thanks Vinny

samkumar2018
Newly Registered
India

PBS Tier 1(General) dependents extension- urgent query -appointment in 1 weeks time

Post by samkumar2018 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:00 am

Dear forum members,
I have an urgent query and I am really indebted to thank you all for the timely help.

I have become ILR through Tier 1 ( general) route ( after 6 years stay).
MY dependents wife and son who joined me late and they have completed only 3 years and their visa is valid till mid of march only.
I checked this in forum and was told that I have apply Tier -1 PBS extension .
So it was all ok and filled the online forms, paid the Surcharge , and visa fees also premium appointment fee etc.,
All of sudden realised, that my wife who is the main PBS dependent applicant did not maintan the maintanance fund for 3 months or so ...( though she has a NI number etc). I was under impression that I can show my bank statements for the maintanence fund proof.

I am not holding any joint account as well ..so could somebody confirm if I can show my bank statements for manintanance fund for the last 3 months... ( as they are dependent on me only )

I can add her as joint account as well now as I am out of country and they have appointment in 3 days time...( their visa expires in 10 days- so applied now)

Could somebody really help me on this please ?

indebted to thank all for the help

Sam

vinny

Re: PBS Tier 1(General) dependents extension- urgent query -appointment in 1 weeks time

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:12 am

samkumar2018 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:00 am
So it was all ok and filled the online forms, paid the Surcharge , and visa fees also premium appointment fee etc.,
All of sudden realised, that my wife who is the main PBS dependent applicant did not maintan the maintanance fund for 3 months or so ...( though she has a NI number etc). I was under impression that I can show my bank statements for the maintanence fund proof.

I am not holding any joint account as well ..so could somebody confirm if I can show my bank statements for manintanance fund for the last 3 months... ( as they are dependent on me only )
Yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:20 am

samkumar2018
Newly Registered
India

Re: PBS Tier 1(General) dependents extension- urgent query -appointment in 1 weeks time

Post by samkumar2018 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:50 am

vinny wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:12 am
samkumar2018 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:00 am

Yes.
Ok many thanks Vinny for confirming this ..so I will submit only my bank statements then also will keep a cover letter expalining this . I will not keep any of my wife's banks statement as it was not maintained.
Thanks a lot really ..timely help

Sam

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:48 am

There is no need for a cover letter about your wife's bank statements. There is no requirement that they must be the applicants bank statements. Using yours is fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

samkumar2018
Newly Registered
India

Post by samkumar2018 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:13 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:48 am
There is no need for a cover letter about your wife's bank statements. There is no requirement that they must be the applicants bank statements. Using yours is fine.
Many thanks CR001 for clarifying more on this