ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2018 Restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thisB
Canada

Re: March 2018 Restricted COS

Post by thisB » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:41 pm

Plabber_123 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:19 pm
Ansari37 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:06 pm
Plabber_123 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:41 pm
Ansari37 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:33 pm
Hi everyone ....
I am doctor non shortage list , salary 56k ( gross) RCOS rejected twice in January and February ...the HR doesn't exactly know the reason .... reapplied again for march.... Waiting ....
Hi Ansari, ask your HR if she has been putting your gross or basic salary on the CoS application. I know a lot of HRs (including my own) who are used to only putting the basic salary. My basic salary is 36k and my HR has finally agreed to put my gross salary (48k) from this month onward.
Hi plabber
Yeah you are very right ...that might be the reason ...but now it's too late to ask from her .Applications have already been submitted... well let see .

Hope for the best
If you do get a refusal this month make sure to have a proper talk with your HR and request her to include your salary with all your enhancements, banding etc. With that salary you should have got your CoS in Jan itself. April is our best bet and we should all maximise our chances and give it our best shot.
I would be so frustrated by this - I hope that your salary fix gets you through this month :) Good luck!

kishorerjy
Newly Registered
India

Post by kishorerjy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:51 pm

Does any one got through so far,?!!!

Ansari37
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by Ansari37 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:13 pm

thisB wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:41 pm
Plabber_123 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:19 pm
Ansari37 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:06 pm
Plabber_123 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:41 pm

Hi Ansari, ask your HR if she has been putting your gross or basic salary on the CoS application. I know a lot of HRs (including my own) who are used to only putting the basic salary. My basic salary is 36k and my HR has finally agreed to put my gross salary (48k) from this month onward.
Hi plabber
Yeah you are very right ...that might be the reason ...but now it's too late to ask from her .Applications have already been submitted... well let see .

Hope for the best
If you do get a refusal this month make sure to have a proper talk with your HR and request her to include your salary with all your enhancements, banding etc. With that salary you should have got your CoS in Jan itself. April is our best bet and we should all maximise our chances and give it our best shot.
I would be so frustrated by this - I hope that your salary fix gets you through this month :) Good luck!
Thanks a lot.This is really very much frustrating .The trust reapplied this time and I stressed them to please look into the situation and manage my application according to points so hopefully I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Good luck to every one who is in this turmoil as I myself am now in this situation for 3 months .

mohamedlasheen
Mood:

Post by mohamedlasheen » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Hi all, I am here again with 35 points waiting for March, please let us know once anybody has a response.

balu04vn
Mood:
India

Post by balu04vn » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Please share here if any one got response?

krimurthy
India

Post by krimurthy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:16 pm

Hey Planner hope you are well.

Can they put gross salary. I don't think it's possible as per my understanding they cant include insurance, bonus and relocation amount. What do you mean by gross salary if you exclude the above?.

Plabber_123
India

Post by Plabber_123 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:24 pm

krimurthy wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:16 pm
Hey Planner hope you are well.

Can they put gross salary. I don't think it's possible as per my understanding they cant include insurance, bonus and relocation amount. What do you mean by gross salary if you exclude the above?.
Hey Kacchi, nice to see you again. In the NHS it is a bit different. We get a basic salary (36000 in my case) which is like our regular 9-5 monday to friday job duties but in addition to that we have to work over the weekends and during nights. We are paid extra for this at a higher than usual rate and this combined with our base salary forms our gross salary (48000 in my case).

In the past my HR would just put our basic salary but now to maximize our chances they are using our gross salaries (sometimes only after we request/nag them to do so).

I know some junior doctors who have requested their HR to let them work for as much as 60 hours a week (NHS has a strict 48 hours a week policy but we can sign a waiver and work more than 48 hours) so that they can get over the 50,000 pound mark.

MikeyTier2
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by MikeyTier2 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:17 pm

Help please

I was on spouse visa but marriage broke down. Was busy with RLMT to switch to Tier 2 general when my evil ex called immigration for me and they picked me up from work saying my spouse visa had been curtailed! My Boss had a good word in for me so they decided not to deport me but had to book flight in front of them to be out in 7 days. My immigration consultant said it shouldn't be a problem, I wasn't illegal just what they call a "grey area" let's hope !!
I'm on 45k, going to apply for COS in April my 1st attempt. I am sure the points will go down in April but will be a busy one because of roll overs from previous months!
Anyone had their visa curtailed while busy with new visa and been asked to leave country in 7 days?

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:06 pm

MikeyTier2 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:17 pm
Help please

I was on spouse visa but marriage broke down. Was busy with RLMT to switch to Tier 2 general when my evil ex called immigration for me and they picked me up from work saying my spouse visa had been curtailed! My Boss had a good word in for me so they decided not to deport me but had to book flight in front of them to be out in 7 days. My immigration consultant said it shouldn't be a problem, I wasn't illegal just what they call a "grey area" let's hope !!
I'm on 45k, going to apply for COS in April my 1st attempt. I am sure the points will go down in April but will be a busy one because of roll overs from previous months!
Anyone had their visa curtailed while busy with new visa and been asked to leave country in 7 days?
I don’t want to alarm you but a family friend of mine was in a very similar position about 5 years ago. Immigration went to their house at 7am on Sunday morning and took them straight to the airport. Their divorce was not even properly finalised. Their COS was still granted during this period but their visa was then rejected, as was their appeal on the grounds that as they didn’t leave voluntarily and immigration had to go and get them the HO advisor deemed this suspicious believing that they would have stayed in country illegally had have immigration not gone to get them and remove them.

Obviously there are some difference in your situation - the fact that you weren’t actually removed being the biggest one however when you apply for your visa I would strongly advise you try and send along any additional information you can to prove you were trying to switch visas before the marriage actually ended.

Perhaps you could start a new thread if you wanted further advice regarding your specific situation as this is a thread for March not April RCOS - although I thought I should reply given what happened with my family friend.

lames
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by lames » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:47 pm

Hi All,

Any guesses when will the results for March allocations would be announced?

tej_san
Mood:
India

Post by tej_san » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:54 am

samee7264 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:44 am
samee7264 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:39 am
Hi

This is my 5th time. I have 42 points and have been unsuccessful in past 4 months. Since December till February, it is understandable that i did not meet the minimum points requirement but i clearly did not understand why was i refused in November 2017. So i asked my employer about it and they gave me a reason which was shocking. WE SUBMITTED YOUR RCOS APPLICATION AND UK HOME OFFICE DID NOT RECEIVE IT. WHEN WE MADE A FOLLOW UP AFTER THE MEETING DATE IN NOVEMBER, THEY SAID WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT AND TOLD US TO APPLY AGAIN IN NEXT MONTH. And then, the points were raised from next month so i am suffering due to somebody else's mistake.

I have been reading the posts for past 4 months so i have read all you guys' posts but i did not have an account to make a post.
This is really sad, as you could've got it in November if there was no mistake. Are you challenging HO based on your November application? Has anyone any idea what are the options in this case? Due to this mistake, you are now in a situation no one has control of!

samee7264
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by samee7264 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:58 am

tej_san wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:54 am
samee7264 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:44 am
samee7264 wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:39 am
Hi

This is my 5th time. I have 42 points and have been unsuccessful in past 4 months. Since December till February, it is understandable that i did not meet the minimum points requirement but i clearly did not understand why was i refused in November 2017. So i asked my employer about it and they gave me a reason which was shocking. WE SUBMITTED YOUR RCOS APPLICATION AND UK HOME OFFICE DID NOT RECEIVE IT. WHEN WE MADE A FOLLOW UP AFTER THE MEETING DATE IN NOVEMBER, THEY SAID WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED IT AND TOLD US TO APPLY AGAIN IN NEXT MONTH. And then, the points were raised from next month so i am suffering due to somebody else's mistake.

I have been reading the posts for past 4 months so i have read all you guys' posts but i did not have an account to make a post.
This is really sad, as you could've got it in November if there was no mistake. Are you challenging HO based on your November application? Has anyone any idea what are the options in this case? Due to this mistake, you are now in a situation no one has control of!
No i could not challenge HO because i am not the one who is in contact with HO, it is legal department of my employer. If everything would have gone fine, i would already have been in UK for 4 months. I do not know whose mistake it was.

balu04vn
Mood:
India

Post by balu04vn » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:16 am

Any responses on RCOS please share here?

Plabber_123
India

Post by Plabber_123 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:19 pm

Pin drop silence so far. Not sure whats going on. Any idea if the allocation meeting even happened yesterday? In December it was postponed by a few days due to bad weather.

Kuji77
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Kuji77 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Hey guys, Me and my friend got our COS today, it is same hospital and a shortage occupation, salary 42000

Hope every one gets his COS. It is my 5th time to apply, so I know how stressed every one is. My prayers to all of you.

Plabber_123
India

Post by Plabber_123 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Kuji77 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:21 pm
Hey guys, Me and my friend got our COS today, it is same hospital and a shortage occupation, salary 42000

Hope every one gets his COS. It is my 5th time to apply, so I know how stressed every one is. My prayers to all of you.
Hi Khuji, if it was shortage occupation how come it took 5 times to get your CoS? Or did you switch to a shortage occupation this month?

mschase
United States of America

Post by mschase » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Kuji77 wrote:
Sorry, just to clarify - your job IS under shortage occupation? If it is then why were you rejected 5 times before?

ns8008
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by ns8008 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Kuji77 wrote:

Could you please tell us if its A&E or pediatrics? And you and your friend both were shortage occupation?

Kuji77
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by Kuji77 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:35 pm

Yes I switched to shortage occupation job, both of us will work in A&E

Plabber_123
India

Post by Plabber_123 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:46 pm

Kuji77 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:35 pm
Yes I switched to shortage occupation job, both of us will work in A&E
Congratulations! That was a very smart move to make the switch. All the best for your career and thank you for informing us.

kristelaustria
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kristelaustria » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi everyone!

Congratulations to those whose CoS has been granted! My employer applied 3 times already, since January, but until now, it has been declined. I saw some post that says, they have been declined 5 times already. I want to ask, this coming April, there will be a new CoS allocation year 2018/2019, may I ask what this means?

Thank you!

mschase
United States of America

Post by mschase » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:57 pm

kristelaustria wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:26 pm
Hi everyone!

Congratulations to those whose CoS has been granted! My employer applied 3 times already, since January, but until now, it has been declined. I saw some post that says, they have been declined 5 times already. I want to ask, this coming April, there will be a new CoS allocation year 2018/2019, may I ask what this means?

Thank you!
Refused or rejected? What were your points?

kristelaustria
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kristelaustria » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:41 pm

mschase wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:57 pm
kristelaustria wrote:
Hi everyone!

Thank you!
Refused or rejected? What were your points?
Hi mschase! The HR said refused before, and now declined, then they will reapply again for April UK panel and hopefully it will be approved since this april, there will be a new CoS allocation year. Do you know what it means? I am a biomedical scientist, not in the shortage occupation, and my salary is around 26k. I think my point is 26 points.

Thank you!!!!

Plabber_123
India

Post by Plabber_123 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 pm

Hey guys. I just read of a junior doctor whose CoS was approved in a non shortage occupation. His friend seems certain that his salary was 51k but this is not confirmed yet. If this is true then the score will probably be 46 again which is good news for us applying with 45 and below next month. Also we had a confirmed refusal for someone whose salary was 44.5k.

Hopeful42
Singapore

Post by Hopeful42 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:58 am

kristelaustria wrote:
Hi everyone!

Thank you!
All it means is that the yearly migration quota is re-set but there will still only be a certain amount of certificates available each month.