ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - Director of Limited Company - private insurance

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AdamKoz77
Newly Registered
Poland

Naturalisation - Director of Limited Company - private insurance

Post by AdamKoz77 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:26 am

Hi All,

I hope you can help me to clarify one thing.

I am EU National, my wife is British and I already have Residence Card. Due to the fact I was away in Asia for 10 months I have to wait 3 years before submitting my naturalization application which is fine.

I am an aircraft engineer and I started contracting through my limited company where I take salary and dividends. My contract ends in June 2018 and I will be back to work in September 2018 (every year is the same)

My question is - as a contractor(for naturalization purposes) do I need a private health insurance or CSI to cover periods where I am not working?

Many thanks for your thoughts!

zapzap

Re: Naturalisation - Director of Limited Company - private insurance

Post by zapzap » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:53 am

First step is to get PR under EU rules... then you can apply to British citicenship

AdamKoz77
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by AdamKoz77 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi Zapzap,
I already hold EEA Permanent Residence Card.

zapzap

Post by zapzap » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:28 pm

Hi Adam

Then you are eligible to apply immediately as you are married to a British Citizen if you comply with the requirements.

I don't know the year you were away 10 months (300 days approx) so you need to make sure that the day you apply you were physically present in the UK, have not spent more than 270 days outside the UK in those 3 years, and spent no more than 90 days outside the UK in the last 12 months

In the case you fail this requirement I advise you to wait until you comply with this

Also, employment is not mandatory so it does not matter if you are contacting under a limited company taking dividends... just make sure you have paid your taxes as this shows good character

zapzap

Post by zapzap » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:35 pm

and as you have already acquired PR there is no need of private health insurance or CSI to cover periods where you are not working