ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP for parents in law advice please

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raph
Newly Registered
France

EEA FP for parents in law advice please

Post by raph » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi everybody,

I am a bit all over the place and looking for advice in order to successfully apply for an EEA family permit.

To start I am an EU citizen settled in the UK with a a PR card. My husband is non-eea also settled with a Biometric PR. We want to invite his parents over for visit and EEA FP seems the most appropriate.

We applied once and it was refused as the ECO was not satisfied that my parents in law are related to my husband. We provided a birth certificate but they stated that the birth was registered many years after the event and in absence of other birth document or DNA report they could not judge it as reliable evidence. It was the only ground of refusal.

We are ready to reapply with a DNA report added to all the supporting evidence we already provided. However I am now unsure when it comes to the dependency evidences we provided. They did not adress it in the letter so I don’t know if they were satisfied with it or if it could be used as another reason to refuse in the next application.

In terms of dependency we provided :
•money transfer receipt
•bank statement of parents in law showing receipt of money
•we wrote a letter explaining their monthly needs and how much they need to pay for it
•we made a document explaining how much was sent / when /who received it / what it was used for

Where they live they don’t have receipt for utility bills they are in a village so in terms of electrify they use petrol/generator ; for water it’s from the stream; for shopping it’s street market places ;for gaz they use kerosene etc... no paper proof so we can’t provide document evidence of that.
In terms of accommodation my parents in law own the land they live in and by their traditions the first son inherits it so it now belong to my father in law. But my husband has rebuilt a house in there land in which they moved in but there is no document such as land registry or home ownership here again no paper evidence. They only have a building plan given Of house and a few cement receipts in my husband’ name.

Will it be enough ? Or how can I adress this? Will a letter from the the chef of their village attesting that this is their land and that the house they live in was built by their son be recognised and have a value ?

any help will be greatly appreciated , many thanks