ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) from Tier 4 (Gen) Dependent

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gulfman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Yemen

Switching to Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) from Tier 4 (Gen) Dependent

Post by gulfman » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:01 am

Dear Friendly community,

I am seeking your advice and help... Any references or answers are highly appreciated in advance. :D

My wife is doing her Master here in the UK, and I am on a Tier 4 General Dependent Partner visa. I wish to start a business and register a company here. My questions are:

1- How easy would it be to switch to Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa after my wife ends her studies? Is that possible?

2- I have access to 50,000 pound and can maintain that in my account, will I have to deposit it to the company account that I will register as soon as I open it, or do I wait until I switch the visa?

3- Is there any similar case for a person here who had to go through the same process? (I tried to search the forum and did not find anything helpful)

Many thanks for your help and advice

Sincerely.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Switching to Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) from Tier 4 (Gen) Dependent

Post by zimba » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:10 am

1- How easy would it be to switch to Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa after my wife ends her studies? Is that possible?
You cannot switch in the UK as a dependant. You must leave the UK and apply from home.
Only your wife can switch to Tier 1E and only if she gets sponsored.
Start by reading the offical Tier 1E guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... trepreneur
2- I have access to 50,000 pound and can maintain that in my account, will I have to deposit it to the company account that I will register as soon as I open it, or do I wait until I switch the visa?
You cannot use your own money when you have only 50K. The 50K route is quite specific and has restrictions on where the funds can come from.
See: https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/ ... ment-funds
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gulfman
Newly Registered
Mood:
Yemen

Post by gulfman » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:22 am

Thanks zimba,

I read somewhere that I can register a company and start working with my current visa type (Tier 4 Dependent Partner), so if for example my company does well, will I be able to switch my visa to Tier 1 or any other type without leaving the UK??

Many thanks for your help

Yours

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:19 am

gulfman wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:22 am
Thanks zimba,

I read somewhere that I can register a company and start working with my current visa type (Tier 4 Dependent Partner), so if for example my company does well, will I be able to switch my visa to Tier 1 or any other type without leaving the UK??

Many thanks for your help

Yours
You cannot switch to tier 1 from within uk - it has nothing to do with your company performance.
Your visa/BRP should tell you if you can work - most probably yes since your wife is doing a masters
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.