ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Already invested £50,000 in a business in the UK: Tier 4 (General) to Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alicepanchenko
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ukraine

Already invested £50,000 in a business in the UK: Tier 4 (General) to Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)

Post by alicepanchenko » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:23 pm

I have been in the UK on Tier 4 for 5 years and currently graduating from Bournemouth University(South England). I am planning to invest £50,000 in the business which company is registered in the UK. I do not have an innovative idea (or whatsoever) so went to the last paragraph of terms&conditions and found this:

"You can also apply if you’ve already invested £50,000 in a UK business.You must have invested the funds less than 12 months before you apply."

However, I did not understand the next part: The funding rules are different if you’re changing (switching) from another visa, or if you’ve already had a UK visa."
It seems a bit confusing еto me, and some of the advisors that I've been in contact with said that it clearly states that I can invest £50K and switch to Tier 1, others, however, say that it is NOT possible and the only £200k route is the one that I can use...I am really confused at the moment. Does anyone know anything about this kind of switching to Tier 1? Or have anyone done the same before?

Many thanks for your help and advice!

Kind regards,
Alisa

zimba
Mood:

Re: Already invested £50,000 in a business in the UK: Tier 4 (General) to Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:49 pm

You cannot use your own funds when switching from Tier 4. The requirement is that:
At least £50,000 is available to the applicant or their business, or has been invested in their business due to their activity only from:

• one or more UK Entrepreneurial seed funding competitions listed as endorsed on the Department for International Trade pages of the GOV.UK website, or
• one or more UK Government Departments, or Devolved Government Departments in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, and made available by the Department(s) for the specific purpose of establishing or expanding a UK business
This is based on table 4 Appendix A of the Immigration rules and as referred under paragraph 36.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice