ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents short term Visa refused

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

soniacann1
Newly Registered
United States of America

Parents short term Visa refused

Post by soniacann1 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:31 pm

Hi,

I am 33 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I have a very complicated pregnancy and under the regular treatment of medical practitioners and physiotherapy. I am using support for walking. For the care and support, my husband invited his parents. He showed very strong bank statement, tenancy documents, GP letter and other necessary documents. In addition, my father in law showed his bank statement which was more than enough as well my brother in law also added his bank statement and supporting letter for their financial support. My father in law showed a strong economic and social family ties in the form of a government issued family certificate which showing all his children who live in home country. We are only in abroad.
In sum, it was a strong case with all the documents but the visa officer refused their visas. He mentioned that the sponsorship satisfied me that they can maintain and accommodate them but it does not satisfy me your intention that you will leave UK after the completion of their visit and my husband had mentioned that they are coming here for 8 weeks for care and support as we do not have experience of this difficult situation. In addition, my husband also added his medical letters as he has been unwell. The other reason, the case worker mentioned that I am satisfied that your son can maintain and accommodate you as the documents before me and also your son who resides in home can also cover your cost for this trip but I am not satisfied you have personal funds but my father in law had shown around £5000 in his bank statement with his pension documents and properties.My husband clearly mentioned in his sponsorship letter that he will be responsible for their all the cost and provided more than £20k bank statement. My father in law and mother in law had also been to gulf on visiting visas. In summary, the reasons were no financial funds and no strong social and economic ties but they got all. Now my husband wants to send another invitation for only his mum cuz we need support and care as we have no family and relatives here. We have requested to the consultant to provide us a supporting medical letter. Which option is best? Shall we invite just the mother OR both mother and father? Shall we add any additional documents which are important and we have not supplied before? Any additional advice please! because we are serious trouble and need his mum for care.
Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Parents short term Visa refused

Post by sah10406 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:31 am

This forum is for discussion of Tier 4 student visas.

Moreover, I would say you need professional immigration advice about this matter not the tips, information and signposting that members here can provide.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:26 am

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:31 am
This forum is for discussion of Tier 4 student visas.

Moreover, I would say you need professional immigration advice about this matter not the tips, information and signposting that members here can provide.
Don't assume that there are no legal professionals advising on the forum providing free advice, simply because the Board Ts&Cs prohibit openly declaring this. Many members are unable to afford legal fees and there are frequent posts where they have been seriously misled by immigration advisors. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:37 am

Casa wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:26 am
Don't assume that there are no legal professionals advising on the forum providing free advice, simply because the Board Ts&Cs prohibit openly declaring this. Many members are unable to afford legal fees and there are frequent posts where they have been seriously misled by immigration advisors. :idea:
That's for sure. xxxxxxx I just hope that people only act on advice given here if it is backed up with references to specific rules or guidance.

Moderator edit
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

soniacann1
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by soniacann1 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Many thanks for advice! Actually my husband is on tier 4 visa and thats why I thought to post here for advice.
My husband has met a lawyer and explained the whole story with documents. He advised to reapply for his mum first cuz you need her care more. But it would be difficult for his mum to travel alone as well we need his father too cuz husband on six months rest. Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:12 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:37 am
Moderator edit
Thanks!