ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant partner - Online application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PVK
Newly Registered

PBS dependant partner - Online application

Post by PVK » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Hello,

I am applying for my wife's Tier 1 General Dependant Extension ( she is due for ILR in 2019 based on 5 year route).

I would like to know if Tier 1 General Dependant Extension can be applied ONLINE or does it have to be by post ? Is there any difference in applying online and by post.

As one of my friends told me we have to apply by post only for the extension. If we apply by online the residence period will be set to zero i.e she will have to stay on Tier 1 dependant visa for another 5 years before applying for ILR.

Can someone please shed some light regarding this ??

Your earlieat help would be much appreciated !!
Thanks.
VK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependant partner - Online application

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:58 am

Stop listening to 'friends' who don't know what they are talking about.

Online is also postal as the supporting documents have to be posted. It doesn't give a quicker decision and it DOES NOT reset the clock to zero for ILR if applying in the same visa category your spouse currently holds.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PVK
Newly Registered

Post by PVK » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:58 am

Online is also postal as the supporting documents have to be posted. It doesn't give a quicker decision and it DOES NOT reset the clock to zero for ILR if applying in the same visa category your spouse currently holds.
Thank you CR001 for your prompt reply.

I read from your message above that Online application doesn't give a quicker decision, I wonder what is the reason for this. If this is the case, it would be better to do postal application as processing time would be faster than applying online ??

I'm confused. :cry:

Please shed some light on this; thank you for your help in advance !!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:33 pm

Unless you are applying in person at a premium centre, applying using the online form or the paper form by post makes no difference in processing time. For online, you still have to post your supporting documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

PVK
Newly Registered

Post by PVK » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:01 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:33 pm
Unless you are applying in person at a premium centre, applying using the online form or the paper form by post makes no difference in processing time. For online, you still have to post your supporting documents.

Agree !! Thanks CR001