ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR rejected and applying again

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

emrahcakan
Newly Registered
Turkey

ILR rejected and applying again

Post by emrahcakan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:37 am

hi,

After spending more than 5 years with tier 2 general visa, I have applied ILR. Unfortunately it was rejected because my english exam is regarded as not from a approved exam center. even the exam center was on the list, apparently two exam center (british council and west london college) are doing ielts in the same campus (west london college) and only ielts from british council is accepted. west london college is in the list only as the address of british council exam center. I give the detail here and hope that no one else make the same mistake.

Anyway they give me option to do admin review. I applied with a valid english test result but without much hope. As expected it has failed too saying that they don't allow any new document and case worker made the right decision.

it was tough psychologically and financially but I get over it and now I have decided to apply ILR again and already book a appointment.
My question:
- is there any additional document that I should provide. i.e my refusal letter from previous application or any document related with my admin review etc.

Thanks a lot for help.

vinny

Re: ILR rejected and applying again

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:59 am

Knowledge of language and life in the UK wrote:If you are not satisfied with a B1 qualification you must ask the applicant to take a test with one of the providers on the current SELT list, at an approved test centre.
After your ILR is granted, complain and ask for a refund of your fees for the new application back, as the caseworkers failed to follow their above guidance.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

emrahcakan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by emrahcakan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:13 pm

vinny wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:59 am
Knowledge of language and life in the UK wrote:If you are not satisfied with a B1 qualification you must ask the applicant to take a test with one of the providers on the current SELT list, at an approved test centre.
After your ILR is granted, complain and ask for a refund of your fees for the new application back, as the caseworkers failed to follow their above guidance.
Thanks Vinny. is there any extra document that i should submit in my application. i.e. refusal letter or anything related with that.

Thanks

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:23 pm

emrahcakan wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:13 pm
vinny wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:59 am
Thanks Vinny. is there any extra document that i should submit in my application. i.e. refusal letter or anything related with that.

Thanks
Hi. I am in same boat as you are. I have been refused due to not proving an English exam result from one of the approved centre. I booked the exam from trinity college and reapplied for visa with paying the same amount of money. I got the indefine visa. I am getting ready for complain to Home Office as Vinny said to me aswell case worker failed to follow their guidance with not offering an extra time. I attached a cover letter onto my new application form explaining why I have been refused and I provided the SELT unique number. Bol sans Emrah

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:21 pm

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0.0ext.pdf

Read page 28. If your ILR cannot be approved just only due to english test is not valid, the caseworker must give time to applicant to resit the test.

So go ahead to complain and get the money back.

Yellow rose
Newly Registered

Post by Yellow rose » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:53 am

I don't understand if you take exam you can go to the trinity website you can see http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=3220 ,my husband took the exam instructed by it .

emrahcakan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by emrahcakan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:17 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:21 pm
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 0.0ext.pdf

Read page 28. If your ILR cannot be approved just only due to english test is not valid, the caseworker must give time to applicant to resit the test.

So go ahead to complain and get the money back.
Thanks alot. I will definitely do complain after (hopefully) I got my visa.

emrahcakan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by emrahcakan » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:20 pm

Yellow rose wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:53 am
I don't understand if you take exam you can go to the trinity website you can see http://www.trinitycollege.com/site/?id=3220 ,my husband took the exam instructed by it .
hi, I did slightly differently which cause the problem for me.

First, I checked the approved test centers in the https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ebsite.pdf

closest to my home was this:
Ealing Hammersmith & West London College,
Hammersmith Campus, Gliddon Road, Barons
Court, London, W14 9BL

and it says IELTS (all facets), Life Skills as accepted forms of tests. So, I went to website of West London College and book a ielts exam. but West London College was the address of british council. they do ielts exam in the same campus, which is confusing.

Yellow rose
Newly Registered

Post by Yellow rose » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:34 pm

I did IELTS at the same exam center as you two years , when you were applying on line you should check which exam belongs to UKVI . all of IELTS are organized by British council ,but UKVI only accept some of them. please pay more attention on it.

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:18 pm

emrahcakan wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:37 am
hi,

After spending more than 5 years with tier 2 general visa, I have applied ILR. Unfortunately it was rejected because my english exam is regarded as not from a approved exam center. even the exam center was on the list, apparently two exam center (british council and west london college) are doing ielts in the same campus (west london college) and only ielts from british council is accepted. west london college is in the list only as the address of british council exam center. I give the detail here and hope that no one else make the same mistake.

Anyway they give me option to do admin review. I applied with a valid english test result but without much hope. As expected it has failed too saying that they don't allow any new document and case worker made the right decision.

it was tough psychologically and financially but I get over it and now I have decided to apply ILR again and already book a appointment.
My question:
- is there any additional document that I should provide. i.e my refusal letter from previous application or any document related with my admin review etc.

Thanks a lot for help.
Hi any news from your application ?

emrahcakan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by emrahcakan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:29 pm

I am still preparing my documents. my appointment is in 26th. will let you know.

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:46 am

emrahcakan wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:29 pm
I am still preparing my documents. my appointment is in 26th. will let you know.
I have written a complain to Home Office. I am waiting for their respond. good luck on 26th

emrahcakan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by emrahcakan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:58 am

Hi Just want to tell, I got my ilr now. I haven't put anything extra but wrote very good cover letter with an advisor which helped I think.

emrahcakan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by emrahcakan » Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:16 am

[/quote]
Hi. I am in same boat as you are. I have been refused due to not proving an English exam result from one of the approved centre. I booked the exam from trinity college and reapplied for visa with paying the same amount of money. I got the indefine visa. I am getting ready for complain to Home Office as Vinny said to me aswell case worker failed to follow their guidance with not offering an extra time. I attached a cover letter onto my new application form explaining why I have been refused and I provided the SELT unique number. Bol sans Emrah
[/quote]

Hi, Did you had any luck with your complain?

ricky83
Bangladesh

Post by ricky83 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:24 pm

i did IELTS ( GENERAL TRAINING ) from AEO IDP in july 2013 and my individual score in all modules is not less than 6 in any module with overall score of 6.5.

this IELTS was valid when i was granted first Tier 2 visa and also when i got my extension

I am bit confused that it is not done from British Council and it is not UKVI ( actually in 2013 there was not IELTS UKVI)

can some body explain me will it be valid as English language exam when i apply ILR ?

ricky83
Bangladesh

Post by ricky83 » Tue May 01, 2018 12:38 pm

emrahcakan wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:16 am
[/quote]

Hi, Did you had any luck with your complain?
[/quote]

ijust want to ask you that when u first got visa or when u got extension that English exam was not valid now for ilr

Would you like to share what exam was that on basis of which u was refused ?

emrahcakan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by emrahcakan » Thu May 10, 2018 10:36 pm

ijust want to ask you that when u first got visa or when u got extension that English exam was not valid now for ilr

Would you like to share what exam was that on basis of which u was refused ?
When I got my first visa from Turkey, I had another exam, not eilts. it was excepted back than. but expired.

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:27 pm

When I got my first visa from Turkey, I had another exam, not eilts. it was excepted back than. but expired.
[/quote]

Slm Emrah
I Have got the second application fee back with an apology email from the home office :). if you prepare a good complaint letter I am sure you can get it back. I have read all immigration and family rules and also case worker guidance and I have referansed all findings in my letter. my complaint letter was about 6 pages :). my advise would be is definitely try!

emrahcakan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by emrahcakan » Mon May 14, 2018 3:20 pm

melselmeh_3 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 4:27 pm
Slm Emrah
I Have got the second application fee back with an apology email from the home office :). if you prepare a good complaint letter I am sure you can get it back. I have read all immigration and family rules and also case worker guidance and I have referansed all findings in my letter. my complaint letter was about 6 pages :). my advise would be is definitely try!

[/quote]

Selam melselmeh

I will definitely send a complaint letter. I understand you spend lots of time on researching and I am sure the references you made to the caseworker guidance made the difference. it would be great if you share important parts of your cover letter. :)

I guess you used reference vinly shared before

"Knowledge of language and life in the UK wrote:
If you are not satisfied with a B1 qualification you must ask the applicant to take a test with one of the providers on the current SELT list, at an approved test centre."

Is there anything else you can share with me. I would be so grateful.

Emrah

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:52 pm

emrahcakan wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 3:20 pm
melselmeh_3 wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 4:27 pm
Slm Emrah
Selam melselmeh

I will definitely send a complaint letter. I understand you spend lots of time on researching and I am sure the references you made to the caseworker guidance made the difference. it would be great if you share important parts of your cover letter. :)

I guess you used reference vinly shared before

"Knowledge of language and life in the UK wrote:
If you are not satisfied with a B1 qualification you must ask the applicant to take a test with one of the providers on the current SELT list, at an approved test centre."

Is there anything else you can share with me. I would be so grateful.

Emrah
[/quote]

slm Emrah
could you pls contact me from email address removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:12 pm

melselmeh_3 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 6:52 pm
slm Emrah
I strongly suggest you read the forum rules. Posting of personal contact information is not permitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

melselmeh_3
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by melselmeh_3 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:00 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 7:12 pm
melselmeh_3 wrote:
slm Emrah
I strongly suggest you read the forum rules. Posting of personal contact information is not permitted.
Sorry I didnt know. I will read the forum rules. Thank you

emrahcakan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by emrahcakan » Tue May 15, 2018 8:38 am

melselmeh_3 wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 8:00 am
CR001 wrote:
melselmeh_3 wrote:
slm Emrah
hi again melselmeh_3,

is it at least possible to share the references you made in your letter? or Maybe you can upload your letter to somewhere and share the link. I haven't seen anything against that in the rules.

that would be a very big help for me

Thank you very much

emrah

emrahcakan
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by emrahcakan » Tue May 22, 2018 10:35 am

melselmeh_3 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
melselmeh_3 wrote:
slm Emrah
hi melselmeh_3. any news on that, please. I am preparing my complaint letter and any advice will be very very appreciated.

non English text removed by moderator

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:52 pm

emrahcakan wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 10:35 am
melselmeh_3 wrote:
CR001 wrote:
melselmeh_3 wrote:
slm Emrah
hi melselmeh_3. any news on that, please. I am preparing my complaint letter and any advice will be very very appreciated.

non English text removed by moderator
You will be banned from the forum if you persist in posting personal contact information like Skype ID or name etc. Everyone on here is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers on the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.