ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel after naturalisation, before British passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tamer
Newly Registered

Travel after naturalisation, before British passport

Post by Tamer » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:01 pm

Hi ,

I really appreciate your help. I am applying for ILR soon.Once I have the ILR, I will apply for naturalisation for my daughter who was born in UK very recently and has no visa at the moment.
My question is; once I have the naturalisation done, Is there any way to travel before having the british passport?
She will have another passport at that point. I just need to be able to prove that she has the right to live in UK, when she is coming back from abroad

I really appreciate your help

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Travel after naturalisation, before British passport

Post by cyclina1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:02 pm

Tamer wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:01 pm
Hi ,

I really appreciate your help. I am applying for ILR soon.Once I have the ILR, I will apply for naturalisation for my daughter who was born in UK very recently and has no visa at the moment.
My question is; once I have the naturalisation done, Is there any way to travel before having the british passport?

Yes. But will be complicated. You need to apply for certificate of entitlement and have it to your passport (not british one). Time of process unknown.

https://www.gov.uk/right-of-abode/apply ... ntitlement

And, your daughter is registered as BC but not naturalisation, once you have ILR.

She will have another passport at that point. I just need to be able to prove that she has the right to live in UK, when she is coming back from abroad

I really appreciate your help
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.