ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa Spain with discretionary leave to remain - family member of British citizen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Samjam11
Newly Registered

Schengen visa Spain with discretionary leave to remain - family member of British citizen

Post by Samjam11 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:35 pm

Hi, I am a British citizen, my partner is from iraq, he was granted dlr under family life. We have three children together. We want to go on holiday to Spain together. Is he able to apply for a Schengen Visa, he has a certificate of travel (Black travel document) with discretionary leave to remain. It states in his travel document “leave to remain varied in the uk by the home office”

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Schengen visa Spain with discretionary leave to remain - family member of British citizen

Post by Caravel88 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:30 pm

I searched the EU commission's website.

This is an EU document titled Table of travel documents entitling the holder to cross the external borders:

https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/sites ... rt2_en.pdf

certificate of travel is listed under docs issued by the UK

so I figure the answer to your question is yes. what's the validity of the "dlr"?
Samjam11 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:35 pm
Hi, I am a British citizen, my partner is from iraq, he was granted dlr under family life. We have three children together. We want to go on holiday to Spain together. Is he able to apply for a Schengen Visa, he has a certificate of travel (Black travel document) with discretionary leave to remain. It states in his travel document “leave to remain varied in the uk by the home office”

Samjam11
Newly Registered

Re: Schengen visa Spain with discretionary leave to remain - family member of British citizen

Post by Samjam11 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Discretionary leave ends January 2020 but the certificate of travel expires January 2019 and then we have to apply again

cloud123
Newly Registered

Post by cloud123 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:54 am

Hi,

I wonder if you applied for any schengen visa? was the application successful? Please let me know as I'm in the same situation. Thank you.