ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse UK visa Extension - Address proof Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

tripas33
India

Spouse UK VISA Extension

Post by tripas33 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:58 pm

Hello Friends,

I am seeking for your guidance again for extension of my wife's visa who is in UK on Spouse visa , Initially granted for 33 months and due to expire in 3 months. She was granted Spouse visa when I was on ILR UK visa and now I am British Citizen. Can someone confirm on below points if they have knowledge on this visa application.

1. I think I should use FLR(M) visa application for this application ?
2. Does my wife need to get a letter from NARIC for knowledge of English language ? She was granted visa earlier based on her English qualification taught in English and print out from PBS calculator.
3. Does she needs to be working and show income and savings ?
4. Do we need to pay for NHS again for the extension ?
5. What other documents should we provide with the application form ?
6. When is the earliest we can apply or we can apply anytime before expiry of the visa ?

Many Thanks,
Tripas
Reg,
Tripas

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse UK VISA Extension

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:05 pm

tripas33 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:58 pm
Hello Friends,

I am seeking for your guidance again for extension of my wife's visa who is in UK on Spouse visa , Initially granted for 33 months and due to expire in 3 months. She was granted Spouse visa when I was on ILR UK visa and now I am British Citizen. Can someone confirm on below points if they have knowledge on this visa application.

1. I think I should use FLR(M) visa application for this application ? Yes
2. Does my wife need to get a letter from NARIC for knowledge of English language ? She was granted visa earlier based on her English qualification taught in English and print out from PBS calculator. Should be acceptable or apply for a NARIC ELA (red route).
3. Does she needs to be working and show income and savings ? Not if you are able to meet the minimum income level of £18,600 p.a with your earnings alone, or qualify with savings.
4. Do we need to pay for NHS again for the extension ? Yes
5. What other documents should we provide with the application form ? Read page 64 of the FLR(M) application form
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flrm
6. When is the earliest we can apply or we can apply anytime before expiry of the visa ? No earlier than 28 days before her current visa expires.

Many Thanks,
Tripas
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

tripas33
India

Post by tripas33 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Hello Casa,

Thanks for Prompt response.

We need to travel out of UK for attending a family marriage in July and my wife's visa in ending in first week of August. Will she have problem entering into the UK if her visa is valid only for couple of weeks when she lands in UK ?If it is strictly that we can not before 28 days before Visa Expiry we would face this issue ?

Thanks,
Reg,
Tripas

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 02, 2018 12:55 pm

Will she have problem entering into the UK if her visa is valid only for couple of weeks when she lands in UK ?
No as long as she returns to the UK before it expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tripas33
India

Post by tripas33 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:38 pm

Thanks for replying.

Her passport is also expiring in August so we are planning to get it renewed now. However she wants to change her last name same as me on the basis of marriage so her new passport will have different surname than her old passport and UK BRP valid at this time but she should be able to retain her old passport booklet as a document. Do you see any problem here in changing her last name in the passport document ?

Regards,
Reg,
Tripas

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed May 02, 2018 1:40 pm

Presumably she has a marriage cert to prove the change of name.

However, a change in details is required to be reported and a new BRP applied for, usually within 3 months of the change.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tripas33
India

Post by tripas33 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:34 am

Casa wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:05 pm
tripas33 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:58 pm
Hello Friends,

1. I think I should use FLR(M) visa application for this application ? Yes
2. Does my wife need to get a letter from NARIC for knowledge of English language ? She was granted visa earlier based on her English qualification taught in English and print out from PBS calculator. Should be acceptable or apply for a NARIC ELA (red route).
3. Does she needs to be working and show income and savings ? Not if you are able to meet the minimum income level of £18,600 p.a with your earnings alone, or qualify with savings.
4. Do we need to pay for NHS again for the extension ? Yes
5. What other documents should we provide with the application form ? Read page 64 of the FLR(M) application form
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-flrm
6. When is the earliest we can apply or we can apply anytime before expiry of the visa ? No earlier than 28 days before her current visa expires.

Many Thanks,
Tripas

Dear Friends,

I am bit confused with meeting financial criteria based on Savings. It says saving above £16000 will be considered does that mean I need to show savings of 16000 plus alone any specific amount above £16000 ?

Thanks,
Reg,
Tripas

tripas33
India

Spouse UK visa Extension - Financial Eligibility based on Savings

Post by tripas33 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:46 am

Dear Friends,

I want to apply for extension of my Wife's UK visa based on my savings for over last 6 months.
The guide book for FLR M visa states that if using savings to meet the financial eligibility , saving above £16000 will be counted.

I am unclear how much savings are required to be shown for visa extension above £16000 ?
Her first visa is for 33 months and reckon the extension visa will be of 2.5 years.
Also when using savings , are savings account bank statements for last 6 months enough to meet the criteria or do I need to submit more documents ?

Thanks,
Reg,
Tripas

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse UK visa Extension - Financial Eligibility based on Savings

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:51 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:11 pm

tripas33 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:46 am
Dear Friends,

I want to apply for extension of my Wife's UK visa based on my savings for over last 6 months.
The guide book for FLR M visa states that if using savings to meet the financial eligibility , saving above £16000 will be counted.

I am unclear how much savings are required to be shown for visa extension above £16000 ?
Her first visa is for 33 months and reckon the extension visa will be of 2.5 years.
Also when using savings , are savings account bank statements for last 6 months enough to meet the criteria or do I need to submit more documents ?

Thanks,
if you have no more dependents than wife then you and/or should have £62500 in savings being held in any bank account from at least last 6 months and its source must be declared too.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

tripas33
India

Post by tripas33 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:54 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:11 pm
tripas33 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:46 am
Dear Friends,

Thanks,
if you have no more dependents than wife then you and/or should have £62500 in savings being held in any bank account from at least last 6 months and its source must be declared too.
Thanks Seagul for replying.
I think I will have to go with other option to meet the financial requirement using Category F or G which is Income from Director of a limited company. I think I can meet the financial requirement here but just got a doubt on the guide line that says ' last Full financial Year' can be counted to show earnings.

I have NOT filled the self-assessment for the year April 2017 to April 2018 ( I think I am allowed to do by Jan 2019)
I have full filled return , company accounts and self-assessment for Year April 2016 - April 2017.

Can I use April 2016 -April 2017 accounts to show my eligibility when I apply in end of July 2018 ?

Thanks,
Reg,
Tripas

tripas33
India

Spouse UK visa Extension - Address proof Documents

Post by tripas33 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Hello Friends,

For UK spouse visa extension guidelines states that I need to submit at least 6 correspondence documents from 3 different sources spread evenly over 2 year period.

In my case in last 2 years we lived at 3 different address , so does the guideline wordings mean 6 correspondence documents for each address I lived or is it time specific and means 6 documents during the 2 year period with documents addressed to me and my spouse at same address where ever we lived ?

Thanks
Reg,
Tripas

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse UK visa Extension - Address proof Documents

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:34 pm

tripas33 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:51 pm
is it time specific and means 6 documents during the 2 year period with documents addressed to me and my spouse at same address where ever we lived ?

Thanks
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

tripas33
India

Post by tripas33 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:54 pm

Hello Seagul,

Are you saying , I don't need to worry about different places we lived together and just provide 6 items addressed to both of us from 3 different sources over last 2.5 years ?

Thanks,
Reg,
Tripas

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:26 pm

tripas33 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:54 pm
Hello Seagul,

Are you saying , I don't need to worry about different places we lived together and just provide 6 items addressed to both of us from 3 different sources over last 2.5 years ?

Thanks,
As per common sense the 6 joint piece of documents are required from the last 2 years spent together by the couple at any address/addresses instead 6 documents from each address.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:40 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:51 am
Topics Merged - Please Read (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)