ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Appeal Help needed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

SQUALLZELL
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit Appeal Help needed

Post by SQUALLZELL » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Hi All
Last year my mother's EEA Family permit was refused because the ECO ignored all documents to verify financial dependence and said that for this reason my mother did not qualify. I applied for appeal, sent all money transfer receipts again with bundle but the ECM stuck with ECO's decision and repeated that I did not prove financial dependence and that I have never supported her at any stage. I am going for the appeal hearing in July but I am still confused why they are not accepting the evidence provided so I would appreciate some help in understanding this please.

Other than financial dependence the ECM wrote in his answer to the appeal bundle that my brother is capable of looking after my mother in her country of her residence so why there is a need for her to come here.

For this we had already submitted statutory declarations from my brothers that they are not capable of looking after her due to their own family commitments and distance, during the application and appeal. My mother is unemployed widow, diabetic on insulin, can barely walk, lives alone, is 65 and needs help with her chores. My brothers so not provide for her and live far from my mother. I understood from the EEA regulation that none of this matters only proof of financial remittances count as financial dependence. Am I wrong? Am I wrong to call my mother to come and stay with me when there is no one willing to help her financially or otherwise in her own country, on a EEA Family permit. Please help me understanding what I have done wrong and how I should answer these questions in the hearing.

Addi1
Newly Registered
Portugal

Re: EEA Family Permit Appeal Help needed

Post by Addi1 » Mon May 14, 2018 8:27 pm

Hi,
I am exactly in the same situation as yours.
My mother's EEA FP was refused citing exactly the same reason as you have mentioned.

I am thinking whether I should re apply FP or get her to the UK on the tourist visa.

Please let me know you had any further Joy on this.

Regards.,
Adi