ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IHS Surcharge Refund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hassan Jaafar
Newly Registered

IHS Surcharge Refund

Post by Hassan Jaafar » Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 pm

Hello, i wanted to ask if you require visa for 1 year and pay for 3 years, is your sum for 2 years re-imbursed?
thanks
Hassan

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: IHS Surcharge for Dependents

Post by CR001 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:45 am

Hassan Jaafar wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:33 pm
Hello, i wanted to ask if you require visa for 1 year and pay for 3 years, is your sum for 2 years re-imbursed?
thanks
Hassan
No it is unlikely you will get a refund as you have paid for the length of the visa applied for. A PBS Dependent visa extension is granted for 3 years, you cannot apply for less time.
You won’t get a refund if:

your visa application is successful but you don’t come to the UK
you leave the UK before your visa ends, for example to make a new application
you’re told to leave the UK before your visa expires
you’re applying for indefinite leave to remain or changing to another visa where you don’t need to pay the IHS
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hassan Jaafar
Newly Registered

Re: IHS Surcharge Refund

Post by Hassan Jaafar » Sat May 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Hello CR01

For my dependents who are applying for visa extension, I went online to make Online application for the. After entering application details, the site eventually navigation took me to IHS. As I am on Settlement (ILR) expiry of which is Dec 2024, the site cacluated me 1400 (2 years x7) per dependent. And hence £4200 in total.

The PBS dependent visa extension is granted for max of 3 years. The IHS website asked for main applicant's visa and put the same for dependents and hence amount is coming very high. What can i do?