ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP for couple applying outside EU, EEA spouse never in UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ahmana
Newly Registered
Poland

EEA FP for couple applying outside EU, EEA spouse never in UK

Post by Ahmana » Mon May 28, 2018 3:07 pm

Good morning.

I am struggling for last few weeks with trying to figure out something. I hope that maybe this forum will be able to help me and give clear answer. :(

I am Polish citizen. Holding EU passport. Got married to Egyptian. We both are living currently in Egypt. I was thinking of living in UK before I met my husband but after he appeared in my life I decided to move to him asap, so we can start living together and then apply together to UK.
I am struggling because:

1) Someone told me that it's impossible for him to apply for EEA FP as me as his EU spouse was never in UK and I am not qualified person.
2) Someone else said that's not a problem because I just have to write cover letter that I intend to move there and exercise my treaty rights so he can freely travel with me.

Can anyone tell me which option is right? All the time I was thinking that when I write cover letter (added of course to everything else like booked tickets for us, marriage certificate, history of relationship etc.) and also showing that I got a job offer (it's valid)) and I intend to travel with my non-EU husband to settle and start working there everything will be fine.

Please if anyone can give me advice I will be more than grateful. I don't believe that we can't travel to UK together just because I decided to get married faster instead of going to UK on my own. :cry: