ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming Housing benefit and Child Tx Crdt when Partner is on ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Younaf
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Partner on ILR unemployed, applicant in full time employment

Post by Younaf » Tue May 29, 2018 2:10 pm

Hello
I have searched the blog could not find the solution for my question hence I am posting this question please answer if you can.
Background
I was granted Flr fp for 30 months in 2016 January, on ten year partner route.

My partner holds ILR since 1998, as she settled along with her parents
Me and my partner are together for more than 5 years.
Me and my partner has a child together she was born 2015 Feb, and holds British passport.

My partner also have two more (british) children from previous relationship and they also live with me and my partner.

My partner is housewife and I am in full time employment.

She applied for housing benefit and child tax credit and HMRC asked her to provide my income in order to calculate benefit amount. Now she receives the child tax credit, child benefit and housing benefit however my name is on tax credit and housing benefits letter too.

Now my extension is due in July and I am reading the guidance notes.
Am I in breach of restriction i.e. {No access to public funds}.

Will It be right to say that if the partner has ILR they can make joint claim, how can I find out that if this will effect my extension due next month.

Please advise.

Younaf

Younaf
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Claiming Housing benefit and Child Tx Crdt when Partner is on ILR

Post by Younaf » Tue May 29, 2018 3:51 pm

Thank you very much for creating such a great platform to share information and helping out each other, :D

I am on 2.5 yrs flr fp. with no public funds access, and my partner holds ILR and she is stay at home mum of our 3 British children, we have child tax credit in both our names because HMRC wanted to get my information of earnings even though my partner is the claimant. Similarly we get Housing benefit and child benefit and it is under my partner s name only. However local authority asked me to provide my work details i.e. payslips, bank statements contract for employment.

Applying for extension of FLR FP in June 2018, will claiming such benefit jeopardize my Visa?

Background
I was granted Flr fp for 30 months in 2016 January, on ten year partner route.
My partner holds ILR since 1998,
Me and my partner are together for more than 5 years.
Me and my partner has a child together she was born 2015 Feb, and holds British passport.
My partner also have two more (british) children from previous relationship and they also live with me and my partner.
My partner is housewife and I am in full time employment.
She applied for housing benefit and child tax credit and HMRC asked her to provide my income in order to calculate benefit amount. Now she receives the child tax credit, child benefit and housing benefit however my name is on tax credit and housing benefits letter too.
Now my extension is due in July and I am reading the guidance notes.
Am I in breach of restriction i.e. {No access to public funds}.

Will It be right to say that if the partner has ILR they can make joint claim, how can I find out that if this will effect my extension due next month.

Please advise.

Younaf
To