ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2- ILR queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AVC
Newly Registered

Tier 2- ILR queries

Post by AVC » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi, I am currently on Tier 2- General Visa, had some queries regarding the ILR application.

I got on Tier 2 General visa on 7th Jan 2014. and Tier 2 extension in Feb 2017, valid till Jan 2020. When is the earliest I can apply for ILR?

If my salary is exactly 35,500 during the time of application, would that fulfill the requirement?

Also, is there any validity for Life in the UK test. As I am thinking to give it in couple of months from now.

Thanks.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Tier 2- ILR queries

Post by dontringthebell » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:00 pm

AVC wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:56 pm
I got on Tier 2 General visa on 7th Jan 2014. and Tier 2 extension in Feb 2017, valid till Jan 2020. When is the earliest I can apply for ILR?
28 days from the 5 year anniversary of your date of first entry to UK.
AVC wrote:
If my salary is exactly 35,500 during the time of application, would that fulfill the requirement?
Its subjective, Depends on whether your salary is above or at par with the SOC code for your role at the time of application.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ed-workers
check the last file.

AVC wrote:
Also, is there any validity for Life in the UK test. As I am thinking to give it in couple of months from now.
No validity you may use the same later on for Naturalisation as well.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

AVC
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2- ILR queries

Post by AVC » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi
Thanks for the reply. I checked the most updated codes of practice here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... illed-work
I could see that I'm fulfilling the requirement at the moment. I also found this information in the Tier 2 policy guidance regarding ILR:
If you are either a Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Sportsperson) migrant, you must be earning at least the appropriate rate for the job, as stated in the Codes of Practice in Appendix J or a gross annual salary of at least the minimum earnings threshold, whichever is the higher.
The minimum earnings thresholds are:
•£35,000,if you apply for settlement before 6 April 2018
•£35,500,if you apply for settlement on or after 6 April 2018
•£35,800,if you apply for settlement on or after 6 April 2019