ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Writing grounds for a tribunal appeal form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chikkubuji1227
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

ILR Refused but in country appeal granted. How do I find a reliable solicitor to fight my case?

Post by chikkubuji1227 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:41 am

Hi All..

My ILR 10 Years Long Residence got refused yesterday as I had some tax amendments in 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 but even i applied i had paid all of it and submitted the reassess self assessment as well. Anyway its been refused but I can appeal in country. I noticed in my refusal letter they have stated many incorrect accusations which are not true at all. I never travelled to my home country after i arrived to UK but they have stated that I have travelled many times to my home country. They have my passport and they can clearly see I have not travelled to my home country at all!!! This is one false accusation but like this there are many absolutely incorrect accusations which means they haven't seen my documents properly.

I am definitely going to fight this case because they have made many mistakes on their reasons which sum up to false accusation on me! But I want some guidance in hiring reliable and good solicitors because many of them just take a lot of money. Could anyone suggest me good and reliable solicitors please?

Thanking you in anticipation!

Casa

Re: ILR Refused but in country appeal granted. How do I find a reliable solicitor to fight my case?

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:53 am

chikkubuji1227 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:41 am
Hi All..

My ILR 10 Years Long Residence got refused yesterday as I had some tax amendments in 2011/2012 and 2012/2013 but even i applied i had paid all of it and submitted the reassess self assessment as well. Anyway its been refused but I can appeal in country. I noticed in my refusal letter they have stated many incorrect accusations which are not true at all. I never travelled to my home country after i arrived to UK but they have stated that I have travelled many times to my home country. They have my passport and they can clearly see I have not travelled to my home country at all!!! This is one false accusation but like this there are many absolutely incorrect accusations which means they haven't seen my documents properly.

I am definitely going to fight this case because they have made many mistakes on their reasons which sum up to false accusation on me! But I want some guidance in hiring reliable and good solicitors because many of them just take a lot of money. Could anyone suggest me good and reliable solicitors please?

Under the Board Ts&Cs, members are not permitted to post professional recommendations on the open forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Apollo12
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Refused but in country appeal granted. How do I find a reliable solicitor to fight my case?

Post by Apollo12 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:45 pm

chikkubuji1227 wrote:
Hi All..

hi

Can you please confirm below

peo/postal application and where? did they impose 322(5)? Can you please provide more info on your refusal? unfortunately we cannot discuss solicitor details on this forum.

chikkubuji1227
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by chikkubuji1227 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Hi Apollo 12,

I applied through postal and Yes they have imposed 322(5) because I had some tax amendments in 11/12 and 12/13. But I had already amended these before I applied for the ILR. But they have mistaken the dates when i rectified the tax, I rectified tax and paid in March 2016 and they have stated as March 2018. Also they have made mistakes on the fact that i went to my home country on several occasions which is absolutely wrong!

Apollo12
Newly Registered

Post by Apollo12 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:19 pm

i'm surprised they imposed 322(5) even after home secretary has requested a review of refused applications under 322(5).Lookup 322(5) online. when did you apply for your ILR? There will be an update from HO after review regarding 322(5) this month. I hope its a positive outcome. Also what if you have travelled to your home country. You have the right to do so, why would they accuse you of travelling?

Manigee
Newly Registered

Post by Manigee » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:37 pm

By saying that you have traveled to your country so many times they wants to establish that you have social ties wirh your country and can be relocated their easily . They are just copy and pasting these kind of stuff in every refusal.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:34 pm

chikkubuji1227 wrote:
Hi All..

How is travelling to your home country an issue?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

chikkubuji1227
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Post by chikkubuji1227 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:50 pm

Travelling to my home country is not an issue but just like Manigee said by saying that I have travelled to my country so many times they wants to establish that my I have social ties with my country and can be relocated their easily. Even they they try to establish this fact I didn't even go ONCE TO MY HOME COUNTRY! They are copy pasting the same reasons to all refusals but would they not even check the passport to see if its relevant?

I applied for my LR on 16th August 2017 and got my refusal on 30th May 2018. I have 14 days to lodge my in-country appeal. Finding a good solicitor is my other worry..

jafersadeq

Post by jafersadeq » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:43 pm

chikkubuji1227
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Writing grounds for a tribunal appeal form

Post by chikkubuji1227 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:18 pm

Hi All!

I recently got my LR 10 year long residence refused and I am applying for my in-country appeal. I want to know how important writing the grounds in an appeal form is, because couple of barristers said it is not necessary to write the grounds in the appeal form since all the documents and evidence and the skeleton of the argument has to be prepared for the hearing. Some of my friends said we can submit the appeal form ourselves and only hire the barrister for the hearing. I am confused about the whole grounds writing thing for the appeal form, is it necessary or not?

Please advise urgently as I dont have much time left to submit the appeal form!
Thank you all!

4uvak

Re: Writing grounds for a tribunal appeal form

Post by 4uvak » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:21 pm

The more you explain the better for you.

I would think that belief in necessity of having a legal representative is highly overstated. An average person who can read, write and use google can deal him/her – self with immigration authorities/tribunals. It might be tricky to read the letters from the court as the language used there is far from everyday English, so dictionary might be needed.

It depends if you want to involve somebody to help or not. If you feel you can do it yourself – than do it. It is a personal choice – some people truly believe that having a professional representing them will help. It is only partially true, not 100%. It is beneficial if you cannot speak English or do not have time for or are unwilling to do research. If you are willing to do your own research, find the case laws etc, why not. It is time consuming though. So, until you willing to do it full time, hire a professional.

The hearing will be probably on paper actually, so you might not need a barrister or you can represent yourself if there will be an oral hearing.

Although, as you got refusal in first place, I would think twice before going solo.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Writing grounds for a tribunal appeal form

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:07 am

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.