ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with Flr FP application extension Private life 276ade

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nurul26
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Help with Flr FP application extension Private life 276ade

Post by Nurul26 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi
I was first granted leave to remain 30 months leave under para 276ade 1 (V) is aged 18 years or above and under 25 years and has spent at least half of his life living continuously in the UK.

At the time of application my age was 24 years old and i was meeting the requirement of immigration rules for private life and now i am due for extension in Novemeber and now my age is 26 years old and as I am now over 25 years old do i still qualify for the same rules i was granted on half of my life living in the UK?

What are the consequences for home office to refuse my extension application as i am over the age of 25 years old. Do i still meet the private life rule as my intial leave was granted under majority of my life spent in UK.

What are my chances now?

The part 7 private life rules states as below

(Leave to remain on the grounds of private life in the UK)

"276BE(1). Limited leave to remain on the grounds of private life in the UK may be granted for a period not exceeding 30 months provided that the Secretary of State is satisfied that the requirements in paragraph 276ADE(1) are met or, in respect of the requirements in paragraph 276ADE(1)(iv) and (v), were met in a previous application which led to a grant of limited leave to remain under this sub-paragraph. Such leave shall be given subject to a condition of no recourse to public funds unless the Secretary of State considers that the person should not be subject to such a condition".

mr_soloj

Re: Help with Flr FP application extension Private life 276ade

Post by mr_soloj » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:38 pm

Logically, the minimum age someone can be granted leave to remain under paragraph 276ade v half life rule is 18. I have read that the rule books allow a person to extend their leave every 2 and half years until they have lived in the UK for 10 years and then they can apply for settlement. So by the time they qualify for settlement they will be age 28 and isn't that over the age of 25? lol

From my research I have found out that with the 7 years and the half life cases what matters the most is if you met the residence requirement when you first applied and were granted leave to remain. You must have met the half life requirement if you were granted leave to remain under the half life ground. If your residence was continuous and unbroken since you were granted your current leave to remain then you should be able to apply for extension of your leave to remain no more than 28 days before it expires. I'm just telling you what I found out from years of research and personal experience.

Based on my research I know that if you commit any crimes and you're no good the public interests then the Home Office can refuse your extension. But if you haven't done anything wrong, you met the half life requirement when you first applied and you applied for your extension on time they can't refuse you because there's no refusal ground for that, which was something I was told by an immigration barrister. So if I was you I wouldn't worry about refusal if you didn't do anything wrong and extended your application on time.

Can I ask you this, how long did the home office take to decide your case when you were first granted leave to remain under the half life ground?. How many months from the date of application to the date you received your approval letter? Your answer would be a great help for my research to figure out how long the Home Office roughly takes to decide cases in different categories.