ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FRENCH LONG STAY VISA RENEWAL HURDLE (VISA D- STUDENT)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JKBALASI
Newly Registered
India

FRENCH LONG STAY VISA RENEWAL HURDLE (VISA D- STUDENT)

Post by JKBALASI » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:38 pm

Hello everyone,

I got my student visa -D for france in august 2016, i entered france on 21st september 2016. fast forward one year, at the time of renewal,(generally the courses in france are for 2 years but mine was 15 months). To cover up for three months the prefecture gave me a direct APS for three months until december 2017 (autorisation proviosoire de sejour, a kind a recipisse to seek employment).

In January 2018, I got an extension from my school in france for another 6 months, I showed this to the prefecture and they gave another recipisse that is APS for another three months until 21st March 2018.

Here is the twist, I lost my wallet on march 20th, lost my recipisse, and I had a personal emergency to fly back home immediately, I could not renew the recipisse, I over stayed the visa by 2 days, I explained this to the immigration officer and he was ok with it. (he did not stamp my passport)

I came back to india, applied for the visa-D at the french embassy in India but they denied,
stating the following reasons;

1) article L. 211-2 du code des relations entre le public et l'administration
2) article 5 du reglement (CE) N 562/2006 DU 15 MARS 2006
3) Article L.211.2.2 du code de l'entree et du sejour des entrangers et droit d'asile (CESEDA)
4) Circulaire NOR IMIK0900087C du 21 septembre 2009.

I did check these on google but its diffcult to make complete sense,

Now my questions are is this some sort of ban on me in VIS? or an alert has been issued for me for no reason, however they did stamp my passport with the application number and type of visa on passport.

Looking forward for help

thank you in advance for the answers! WILL THIS AFFECT MY FUTURE TRAVEL ?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: FRENCH LONG STAY VISA RENEWAL HURDLE (VISA D- STUDENT)

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:03 am

What is the exact type of visa you applied for?

I think it should have been a return visa because you are already a resident.

JKBALASI
Newly Registered
India

Post by JKBALASI » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:25 pm

I applied for visa de retour (Visa-D retour), But they declined stating the following reasons as I mentioned in the first post.

Thank you for replying.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:27 am

Was there anything else on the refusal paper besides 1-2-3-4 law references?
JKBALASI wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:25 pm
I applied for visa de retour (Visa-D retour), But they declined stating the following reasons as I mentioned in the first post.

Thank you for replying.