ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost my student brp

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anything18
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Lost BRP

Post by anything18 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:19 am

I have a flight to India on the 13th June and I lost my BRP on Sunday ( 27th May ) and I just have few days left in UK and I need to travel back home ASAP. Please help me since I don’t know what to do. I’ve finished my first year and I need to go back home. What am I supposed to do? Can I travel without my BRP? Will I be able to reenter? And how much does a replacement BRP cost? Should I request for a new BRP in India or UK? please help ..

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Lost BRP

Post by sah10406 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:50 am

anything18 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:19 am
Can I travel without my BRP?
Yes.
anything18 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:19 am
Will I be able to reenter? And how much does a replacement BRP cost? Should I request for a new BRP in India or UK? please help ..
See https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-6156 and follow the instructions for "Lost/stolen/damaged outside the UK", even though you lost it in the UK.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

anything18
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

lost my student brp

Post by anything18 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:11 am

last month I was travelling back to India from the UK, and on my way, my wallet just disappeared I don't know if I have lost it or someone stole it.
so I have waited 3 weeks because I have contacted airport if they found it but they did not. So, last week I reported the loss of brp to gov.uk
now I need to know what is the next step to get the single entry visa so I can come back to the UK
I have been reading about single entry visa, and it says I need the police report and I have already tried to contact police about it, and I have been told they do not give police reference. And now I am so confused and don't know what to do as I do not want my application to get rejected. I would really appreciate it if someone can help me with my situation. Thanks xxx

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: lost my student brp

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:45 am

The link in my previous reply explains how to do it. Otherwise, contact the international student adviser at your university and ask for their advice on the application.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.