ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizenship wife for wife of Irish citizen born Northern Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mark AJ
Newly Registered

Irish citizenship wife for wife of Irish citizen born Northern Ireland

Post by Mark AJ » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Guys

I am just going to paste where I am as detailed under a previous immigration boards members thread and hope that someone can give me some help.

""Hi and thanks in advance for any help or advice that may be offered.

My australian wife has been living with me in the north of Ireland for 15 years and we intend now to apply for her Irish citizenship as Brexit has the potential to render useless her ten year eea residence permission issued two years ago. Upon reading the application I have a few issues. That is, some months prior to her previous 5 year permit expiring we applied to renew under the spouse of an eea national exercising treaty rights but this was refused but after a lengthy battle her current 10 year permission was granted (2 years ago) after learning of and invoking the 'transitional arrangement,. However, due to the length of time taken there is a slight gap in permissions even though we have British home office letters confirming her right to stay during applications.

The Irish application does ask for completion of a residency checker based on stamps and this will show this one particular void. How do we treat this on the application and does this have an adverse affect on our application?

Whilst here I would also raise the following issues on the application that I would appreciate direction on:
1) It states that a PSC card is required but in the North oriel and surely these aren't available?
2) Regarding identification it states a requirement for a PPSN number and again in the North we don't have one?
3) A GNIB/IRP card or registration number is required and again in the north we don't have one?
4) Application details that absences from the state exceeding 6 years must be noted but being from the North we were never resident I the state itself but were and are in the North?

For the record we have veered away from a uk application as there is a fee of in or around £1200 with no guarantees. Furthermore, the application form appears complicated and the only solicitor in the north has quoted between £400 to £700 pounds!

Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated""

Is there any safety measure for people with eea residency permits being allowed to remain or is a new application required?

Is my fear of the U.K. Route application form complexity maybe unwarranted? If advised to run the uk route and I do could I get help on this board where I identify issues on comple,ting required forms? To be clear I really do fear being refused under the uk route unjustly and losing the best part of £2k.

Mark