ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

article 10residence card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

boneskiller
Newly Registered
Ghana

article 10residence card

Post by boneskiller » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:08 am

My mum is an Italian citizen and I'm a non EU citizen so Italian authority gave me a five year residence permit card stating that I'm a family member of EU citizen.My mum and i are planning to visit UK this summer,i will like to know if i need to apply for EEA family permit or i can use my article 10 residence card to travel with her.Thank you.

secret.simon

Re: article 10residence card

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:10 pm

Are you sure that the card that you have was issued under EU law and not Italian law? If it was issued by Italy to the non-EEA dependent on an Italian citizen, it is not generally an Article 10 Residence Card, but one issued under domestic Italian law.

Can you post an image of the card, blanking out all personally identifiable information (photo, name, card no, date of birth, etc)?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

boneskiller
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by boneskiller » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:41 pm

My mum is original from Ghana but after staying in Italy for 10yrs,at time that i was also holding a domestic family resident permit,after acquiring Italian citizenship,the authorities took the family resident permit and gave me the one with the word "a family member of European union citizen".
I have tried downloading it but i can't

boneskiller
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by boneskiller » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:22 pm

boneskiller wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:41 pm
My mum is originally from Ghana but after staying in Italy for 10yrs,at time that i was also holding a domestic family resident permit,after acquiring Italian citizenship,the authorities took the family resident permit and gave me the one with the word "a family member of European union citizen".
I have tried downloading it but i can't

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:10 pm

Take your birth certificate with you to be on the safe side. Then you will be covered even if the Immigration Officer decides it is not a 'genuine Article 10 residence card'. You might also need evidence of your mother's changes of name since you were born.

boneskiller
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by boneskiller » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:51 pm

:D I'm in uk now,there was no problem from the italian immigration and the airline.We arrived at Leeds Bradford airport and there was no problem at all.