ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application payment made but appointment expired

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sdprashant22
Newly Registered
India

ILR application payment made but appointment expired

Post by sdprashant22 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:55 pm

Hi experts,
I was booking ILR premium service appointment online after completing my application. I booked the appointment and made the payment and printed the receipt. but soon after i got another mail saying since payment took longer so my appointment is expired and now i need to book a new one. But i checked my bank account and payment was made. How can i contact home office. I don't want to go through hassle of booking appointment from that pathetic site again that can't handle heavy traffic. Is there any contact number i can talk to and explain my situation so someone can book it for me easier way over the phone (considering i've already made the payment) :|

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: ILR application payment made but appointment expired

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:08 am

sdprashant22 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:55 pm
Hi experts,
I was booking ILR premium service appointment online after completing my application. I booked the appointment and made the payment and printed the receipt. but soon after i got another mail saying since payment took longer so my appointment is expired and now i need to book a new one. But i checked my bank account and payment was made. How can i contact home office. I don't want to go through hassle of booking appointment from that pathetic site again that can't handle heavy traffic. Is there any contact number i can talk to and explain my situation so someone can book it for me easier way over the phone (considering i've already made the payment) :|
Contact your bank first. It is possible that the payment didn't go through but on hold. Such transactions will usually be reversed after 2 to 3 days. So, the home office might not be able to help as they might not have received the payment. Again, contact your bank immediately.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

sdprashant22
Newly Registered
India

Post by sdprashant22 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:34 am

Thanks I'll do that. But should i ask bank to let through the transaction or reverse it? I think if i let through the transaction then there is more chance of getting appointment done easier (less steps to go through from site or strong case to ask for appointment via phone if possible)

fintap
Newly Registered
China

Post by fintap » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:26 pm

sdprashant22 wrote:
Hi experts,
Hi, how do you manage to catch one appointment on the website? i can't even book one slot. any advice?

sdprashant22
Newly Registered
India

Post by sdprashant22 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:52 pm

fintap wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:26 pm
sdprashant22 wrote:
Hi experts,
Hi, how do you manage to catch one appointment on the website? i can't even book one slot. any advice?
this

This is the ugly part of whole online application process and will make you hate doing it :( . All the appointment slots are available exactly at 00:00 midnight and a lot of applicants/solicitors/agents keep hitting the website around that time so website crashes on almost every request. Within next 30 minutes all the slots are taken. You just need to be good at refreshing the page. I've finally managed to book my appointment.

neeyee08
Newly Registered

Post by neeyee08 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:25 am

sdprashant22 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:52 pm
fintap wrote:
sdprashant22 wrote:
Hi experts,
this

This is the ugly part of whole online application process and will make you hate doing it :( . All the appointment slots are available exactly at 00:00 midnight and a lot of applicants/solicitors/agents keep hitting the website around that time so website crashes on almost every request. Within next 30 minutes all the slots are taken. You just need to be good at refreshing the page. I've finally managed to book my appointment.
Hello,

I had exactly the same problem as i was able to get a slot in Croydon, made the payment but received an email saying the appointment expired as the payment took too long. Please how did you resolve this with your bank seeing as my account has been debited for £2999. Did you get to make another booking on the website or HO helped resolve it when you called them?

gundam88
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by gundam88 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:55 pm

sdprashant22 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:52 pm
fintap wrote:
sdprashant22 wrote:
Hi experts,
this

I have exactly the same situation as you. How did you mange to get an appointment, please? Did you book a new one yourself, or you called HO to solve it? Thanks.

shoryuken
Newly Registered

Post by shoryuken » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:44 pm

Hi, I was also in the exact same situation. Tried to make a booking at Croydon on the 17th at midnight and received an email saying that my payment was successful but my visa appointment has expired and to book a new appointment.

On the 18th at midnight, I used the link in the email to book a new appointment but everytime i chose an appointment time, the site either crashed or gave a 404 error message. This carried on for an hour when eventually there were no more appointments left.

On the 18th afternoon, i called up my bank to check the status of the payment as I could not see it on my online account and they said it was still pending but it was highly unlikely that it would be reversed according to their systems. However, when i logged into my bank account again at around 11pm, i could see that the payment had definitely gone through, contrary to what my bank had told me.

On the 19th at midnight, I again used the link in the email to try and book a new appointment and after a couple of crashes on the site, I was finally successful in booking an appointment and shortly after received an email confirmation with my booking reference number.

I hope this helps! Ganbatte!

JP145
India

Post by JP145 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 am

shoryuken wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:44 pm
Hi, I was also in the exact same situation. Tried to make a booking at Croydon on the 17th at midnight and received an email saying that my payment was successful but my visa appointment has expired and to book a new appointment.

On the 18th at midnight, I used the link in the email to book a new appointment but everytime i chose an appointment time, the site either crashed or gave a 404 error message. This carried on for an hour when eventually there were no more appointments left.

On the 18th afternoon, i called up my bank to check the status of the payment as I could not see it on my online account and they said it was still pending but it was highly unlikely that it would be reversed according to their systems. However, when i logged into my bank account again at around 11pm, i could see that the payment had definitely gone through, contrary to what my bank had told me.

On the 19th at midnight, I again used the link in the email to try and book a new appointment and after a couple of crashes on the site, I was finally successful in booking an appointment and shortly after received an email confirmation with my booking reference number.

Hello, can you please confirm whether you received earlier payment back from bank? i am in same situation where payment is debited from my account and received email of booking expired. i am scared to book another appointment as earlier payment is already debited.
Thank you.

shoryuken
Newly Registered

Post by shoryuken » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:33 am

JP145 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 am
shoryuken wrote:

Hello, can you please confirm whether you received earlier payment back from bank? i am in same situation where payment is debited from my account and received email of booking expired. i am scared to book another appointment as earlier payment is already debited.
Thank you.
Hi. The bank on 2 separate occasions told me that the payment would most likely (but they could not guarantee) "drop off." However, this was not the case and the payment actually went through. So in answer to your question, no, i did receive the payment back from the bank. I used the link in the booking expired email to book a new appointment. It took numerous painstaking attempts before i was successful though. Hope this helps. Good luck.

JP145
India

Post by JP145 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:18 am

shoryuken wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:33 am
JP145 wrote:
shoryuken wrote:

Thank you.
Hi. The bank on 2 separate occasions told me that the payment would most likely (but they could not guarantee) "drop off." However, this was not the case and the payment actually went through. So in answer to your question, no, i did receive the payment back from the bank. I used the link in the booking expired email to book a new appointment. It took numerous painstaking attempts before i was successful though. Hope this helps. Good luck.
Thank you. i will try tonight again to book. one more question if you can answer. do i have to book at same centre i made payment earlier? or it is ok to change centre (where appointments available). what was your case? just wanted to play safe and get it booked and not to have more issues by changing centre if that will be problem.

Thank you for your swift response.

shoryuken
Newly Registered

Post by shoryuken » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:05 am

JP145 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:18 am
shoryuken wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:33 am
JP145 wrote:
shoryuken wrote:

Thank you.
Thank you. i will try tonight again to book. one more question if you can answer. do i have to book at same centre i made payment earlier? or it is ok to change centre (where appointments available). what was your case? just wanted to play safe and get it booked and not to have more issues by changing centre if that will be problem.

Thank you for your swift response.
No problem at all. In my case i chose the same centre as it is the nearest one to me. However, I do not think you have to book at the same centre because the booking email confirmation i received after make my booking basically treats it as you scheduling a new appointment, either at a new time or new centre.

best of luck to you, having gone through the process and still am going through the process, I understand how frustrating and stressful the whole application process is.