ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance for tier 2 dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Thus7
Newly Registered
Sri Lanka

Maintenance for tier 2 dependent

Post by Thus7 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:44 am

Hi all

When I applied for my tier 2 visa in uk I didn't have to provide details of maintenance.
Now my family want to apply for tier 2 dependent visa. DO they have to show evidence of maintenance ?
Need your help urgently

Thank you

Thusitha

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Maintenance for tier 2 dependent

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:55 pm

Thus7 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:44 am
Hi all

When I applied for my tier 2 visa in uk I didn't have to provide details of maintenance.
Now my family want to apply for tier 2 dependent visa. DO they have to show evidence of maintenance ?
Need your help urgently

Thank you

Thusitha
If your employer is A-rated sponsor and also willing to issue a letter to provide maintenance of your dependent, then you don't need to show you are financially able to support them.

If not, you must have certain level of cash in your/ your partner account and not lower than that level at any time within 3 months before your dependant application .
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

farazk86
Pakistan

Re: Maintenance for tier 2 dependent

Post by farazk86 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:44 am

cyclina1 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:55 pm
Thus7 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:44 am
Hi all

Need your help urgently

Thank you

Thusitha
If your employer is A-rated sponsor and also willing to issue a letter to provide maintenance of your dependent, then you don't need to show you are financially able to support them.

If not, you must have certain level of cash in your/ your partner account and not lower than that level at any time within 3 months before your dependant application .
To add to this, here is the list of sponsors along with their rank. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-workers

If your employer is A rated then all you need is a letter from them stating maintenance of funds from their side