ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PERMANENT RESIDENCE CARD GRANTED,I am a non eea, do I still rely on the EEA national?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

carlosandres-coral44
BANNED
Columbia

PERMANENT RESIDENCE CARD GRANTED,I am a non eea, do I still rely on the EEA national?

Post by carlosandres-coral44 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:37 pm

hey
I am a non EEA national, I was granted the permanent residence card couple of days ago,
my question is:
Does my permanent residence here in the UK, still relies on my marriage to the EEA national, or from now on it only depends on my own merits?
I am wondering because I know after 1 year of holding this permanent residence I can apply for my naturalisation, but if for any reason I get divorce within this year, would that affect my condition of permanent resident or not?

also when applying for naturalisation
will it be reelevant information about my EEA spouse, like if we are still together or no?
or it will only have to do with my own person..
thanks for your help

at12

Re: PERMANENT RESIDENCE CARD GRANTED,I am a non eea, do I still rely on the EEA national?

Post by at12 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:20 pm

Now it is all about you, you can go and get a divorce if you wish.

carlosandres-coral44
BANNED
Columbia

Re: PERMANENT RESIDENCE CARD GRANTED,I am a non eea, do I still rely on the EEA national?

Post by carlosandres-coral44 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:28 pm

at12 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:20 pm
Hey thanks for answering,
im just wondering cause the biometric card i received, says PERMANENT RESIDENCE, without any restriction or so,
but at the very bottom it says
Residence card of a family member of an union citizen

Naveed997

Post by Naveed997 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:44 pm

hi ,

could you please update your timeline for your PR card,

could you also let me know the list of document you have submitted to support your application , my wife is a eu national and she has granted Pr last month and i am about to apply mine .
Thanks.

carlosandres-coral44
BANNED
Columbia

Post by carlosandres-coral44 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:10 pm

Naveed997 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:44 pm
hi ,

could you please update your timeline for your PR card,

could you also let me know the list of document you have submitted to support your application , my wife is a eu national and she has granted Pr last month and i am about to apply mine .
Thanks.
we applied together online, but you can only apply online if together with the EEA,
Online application made 17-05-2018
Biometrics taken 11-06-2018
certificate of aplication 17-06-2018
permanent Residence Card received (Granted) 01-08-2018
--It took around 2 months and a half--

Documents submitted
-application
-Both passports
-2 photos for each one
-wife (EEA National) p60`s for each year for 5 years ( you can add payslips and letters of employment instead of p60 if you are missing one of them, (But better the p60`s)
-marriage certificate
-proofs of relationships (photos of holidays together, prints of photo screens of whatsaap chats for as long as you can, same for facebook posts together etc..)
-proof of addres for both in the same addres(bank statements,utility bills,tenancy aggrements, gp letters, etc)

Bella21
Russia

Post by Bella21 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:18 pm

carlosandres-coral44 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:28 pm
at12 wrote:
im just wondering cause the biometric card i received, says PERMANENT RESIDENCE, without any restriction or so,
I have the same question...because at the bottom it says " residence card of a family member of a union citizen"...

hornet99
Newly Registered

Post by hornet99 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:42 am

Bella21 wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:18 pm
carlosandres-coral44 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:28 pm
at12 wrote:
I have the same question...because at the bottom it says " residence card of a family member of a union citizen"...

Yes i have same kinda question, but in my case im non-eea national and we are divorced (applied as divorced) but on my BRP it says residence card of a family member of a union citizen. and back says EU right to reside and the question is can i travel to any EU country with this card or i have to apply for schengen visa. it will be helpful if anyone knows.

Bella21
Russia

Post by Bella21 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:00 am

Hey, i think you need to apply for shengen visa because permanet card is only for uk, u can't use it to travel to eu..i did ask the question at airport when was travelling home last time and they phoned someone for advise and told me thay i still need visa for eu countries.